Author Topic: Airway Passages swelling shut??  (Read 6221 times)

Offline adamantasaurus

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Airway Passages swelling shut??
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:36:14 AM »
Hello Everyone,

The last time I did kambo (the last new moon) I did 9 dots and the effects came on a lot quicker and stronger than my previous 7 dots the month before. And I got worried when I could feel my face swell up A LOT and this wasn't normal for me when I do have swelling it is usually 10 or 20 minutes after I applied the dots this was only 3 or so minutes after. So I immediately wiped the dots off my arm and hopped in the shower until the effects wore off. I have read one account of a person getting a very tiny amount of kambo and within minutes his airway passages swelled to the point where he couldn't breathe and he had to be assisted to start breathing again. I was wondering if anyone could provide me any insight on this subject I definitely don't want to have my airway passages swell shut. This is why I almost never did kambo alone I'm not too sure if it is safe.

Thanks

Adamantasaurus

Offline maywort

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: Airway Passages swelling shut??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:51:02 AM »
I am interested in hearing more about this also.   I applied two burns and two nice big globs of kambo to myself recently.  I had a reaction that felt strong to me, though I didn't quite vomit.  My face swelled up and so did my throat.  It didn't obstruct my breathing, and when it subsided a chronic issue with my vocal cords had miraculously resolved, but I'm still worried about doing it again.   I wonder if this is a sign of an allergic reaction.  I also get swelling around the burns, which I figure might be normal but I haven't read about it.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 03:44:02 AM »
Maywort, those are all normal reactions to Kambo.

The posts in question that you guys are referring to can be located here:
http://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=280.msg1751#msg1751
and
http://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=280.msg1759#msg1759

I had a discussion about this with Galega via PMs. I seem to have deleted all but one of them.
Read the first 2^^ first, but here is his response:

"Almost! You have to first wash off the Kambo with water to remove all traces. Then keep them as upright as possible and tell them to inhale slowly but only through the nose down into the belly and exhale only through the nose in a long slow blowing motion. Kambo closes the throat but almost never blocks the nasal passages fully until either the head is hanging down over a bucket or the purging has begun.

If they can't manage this, lie them down and do gentle Mouth to Nose - yukky I know but necessary in this case. Mouth to mouth doesn't work if the throat is swollen closed.

With luck the effects will reverse within 60 seconds of removing the Kambo so you don't have to keep this up for long. The biggest problem is panic!

If all else fails, grab your scalpel and do an emergency tracheotomy!  :)"

Hope he doesn't mind me sharing a private message, but in the interest of harm reduction.
And this reiterates his first post I linked to about the importance of respect & training, especially in regards to treating others.

hope this helps
cheers! =)

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 03:57:47 AM »
A tincture of lobelia would be useful to keep on hand in case of this circumstance. You could squirt it into the mouth.
The strong astringent and muscle relaxant properties of Lobelia will open up the throat.