Author Topic: NMDA antagonists (especially for iboga)  (Read 46314 times)

Offline peacefull warrior

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
NMDA antagonists (especially for iboga)
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:53:49 PM »
i will start with this short list then i will at some point in the future explain in a simple way why NMDA antagonists are beneficial for use with iboga and without.

zinc
magnesium
parsley
cats claw
garlic (a piece the size of an almond or two is enough, must be fresh and chewed and swallowed fast)
dxm
PEA (phenethylamine)

wikipedia has an extensive list that is missing a few of these.

most traditional psychedelics also antagonize NMDA

NMDA antagonists also cause the NMDA receptor to become upregulated when the antagonism wears off, this increases intelligence permanently.

in this thread i will explain the NMDA, kappa, dopamine, oxytocin, prolactin systems in short ad explain how they interact with one another. this info will be useful for things beyond iboga, so for threads about other topics just link them here.

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
    • View Profile
Re: NMDA antagonists (especially for iboga)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:14:16 AM »
i have recently found out that vitamins B12 and possibly B2 and another B vitamin are NMDA antagonists, this is great find as these are absolutely essential anyway.

Offline marypoppins

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 01:31:01 AM »
how would this work / effect / affect each other

ibogaine is an nmda antagonist and noopept is an nmda agonist ???????

Offline Xochipilli

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 05:41:50 AM »
I have heard good things about the synergy between iboga and NMDA antagonists too. Taurine is a mild NMDA antagonist. For prescription ones, I'd go with memantine or acopronsate.

Can you explain about the NMDA, kappa, dopamine, oxytocin and prolactin systems? Sounds really interesting, I'd love to know about this. Also, when you say NMDA upregulation causes a "permanent" increase in intelligence, do you mean due to formation of new neural pathways, or do you mean the upregulation of the receptors is permanent?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:44:46 AM by Xochipilli »

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:20 PM »
Might need to PM him (Peaceful Warrior), he no longer seems to post here. 

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »
i still will be posting everywhere, we have to be careful about what, how much and how fast and to who we share.

Offline Xochipilli

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »
Can you elaborate on your OP peacefull warrior? I study a fair bit of pharmacology (I'm a chemistry major) so I find it very interesting. The (majority at least) people on this forum are people with the sole intent to heal themselves and others, so if they are not the right people to share with, I don't know who is. Sharing information in order to empower each other with knowledge is what this forum is all about. When I'm talking to people who are in seek of new methods of healing themselves and others, I inform them in any way I can, because knowledge is power, and the knowledge you have, might give another person the power to heal themselves and their fellow man.

I have quite a bit of knowledge concerning the glutamatergic system and over the past few months have been attempting to develop methods to utilise the connection between glutamate receptors and synaptic plasticity to direct the process of neuroplasticity, which is something that could help alleviate a great amount of suffering in this world. I'm sure I will be able to contribute knowledge to this thread, if you elaborate on what it is about. Remember, NMDA isn't the only glutamate receptor. Great things are being accomplished via the development of allosteric modulators for the AMPA receptor.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:08:30 PM by Xochipilli »

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:02:46 PM »
yes sorry for the so frequent lapses of sharing, there are many things that pull me, i will be explaining things i have said in the past in more detail soon.

"allosteric modulators"

not to take away from any work being done, or to be done, but i like to think of substances as training tools to help teach how to use the respective systems with ones intent, will, etc etc

PAM and NAM are temporary as is ALMOST every substance related alteration i have found, even the ones that seem to be non temporary seem to have ways of showing the non permanence beneath all, transience takes all forms even permanence.

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 11:42:48 PM »
I have heard good things about the synergy between iboga and NMDA antagonists too. Taurine is a mild NMDA antagonist. For prescription ones, I'd go with memantine or acopronsate.

Can you explain about the NMDA, kappa, dopamine, oxytocin and prolactin systems? Sounds really interesting, I'd love to know about this. Also, when you say NMDA upregulation causes a "permanent" increase in intelligence, do you mean due to formation of new neural pathways, or do you mean the upregulation of the receptors is permanent?

"Taurine is a mild NMDA antagonist"

taurine is extremely dangerous and should be handled with extreme care if not avoided like the plague of death itself.

"when you say NMDA upregulation causes a "permanent" increase in intelligence, do you mean due to formation of new neural pathways, or do you mean the upregulation of the receptors is permanent?"

new pathways, and the upregulation that you get for a few days teaches the inner post-atomic memory system how to control the system without the need for external stimuli, that literally means its like getting function back to a paralyzed limb.

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 01:15:47 PM »
http://www.natural-health-zone.com/meridian-clock.html

its important you understand this chart before we go forward.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 12:02:07 AM »
Hello,

please provide evidence for this claim.

taurine is extremely dangerous and should be handled with extreme care if not avoided like the plague of death itself.

thanks

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 09:00:03 AM »
Hello,

please provide evidence for this claim.

thanks

ask kambo what he/she thinks of "taurine"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:12:53 AM by peacefull warrior »

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »
Why don't you ask Kambo and get back to me.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »
I certainly don't want any drama here and blame no one for it occurring but if at all possible to remain civil (and not become like 99% of other forums).  So far we have been able to keep it real and immune here and I think it would be best if we kept it at that level. 

Especially PW if you have ideas if you can ground them as best as possible and not use the more celestial argument to ask the frog/Kambo.  That is in fact not a logical analysis and things need to be rooted in the earth with some clear explanation.  If you cannot do so then we can just move on and presume it was not a factual basis of reasoning.  If you have explanations for your findings than it is important to site sources and/or your intuitive reasonings.  Otherwise it comes off as insulting when you just reply like this...

ask kambo what he/she thinks of "taurine"

I don't mean to talk down to you but clearly this is not said in a friendly manner and what PC was trying to find is your evidence not just to ask Kambo (which would likely lead to many assumptions rather than one fact).  Glad to have you back around but please take time if you do write to bring some factual information.  We may be smart but we need some evidence to prove that you have adequate leads. 

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »
Yes, I spent $80 on a supplement last night with taurine. A workout stack which I love.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTREME-NITRIC-STACK-KIWI-STRAWBERRY-1000-GRAMS-/320657262828

It states that Taurine

Improves cell volumization.
Aids in electrolyte balance.
Improves muscle growth processes.
Boosts protein synthesis.
Maintains glucose uptake.

I was hoping for some information before I went ahead and spent 80 bucks.
And even if I could count on a coherent explanation of taurines flaws or even an intuitive feeling by the Kambo spirit,
I'm not ready to consult Kambo right now but when the time is right.
If something is toxic, we should not withhold info on that and state to consult higher spirits about them.
Especially since these realms and abilities become harder to attain with a toxified body.