Author Topic: Chaga mushrom (inonotus obliquus)  (Read 5724 times)

Offline n3ur0h@ck

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Chaga mushrom (inonotus obliquus)
« on: June 14, 2017, 05:57:27 AM »
I'm looking for a place to start a topic on the use of chaga mushroom and it's effects in the line of teacher/ healing plants. Though it's not entheogenic in any discernable way. But it's a very powerful healing agent and can possibly act in synergy with kambo and it's allies.

Been using it for a while now. It helps me recover when I'm totally fatigued. Along with diet and selfstudy it allows me to get out of it. However it has no clear teaching voice. What it does is take away the sickness. It makes me feel normal. Whenever things go for the better, I start to notice nausea accompanying drinking large quantities. Then it's time to stop consuming it. I followed up with kambo when this happened last time.

Still in the process of making a vodka extract of it. This is said to contain another spectrum of active ingredients. I'm curious as to what these will do, if noticable.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:41:04 PM by λlτεrηιτγ »

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: Chaga mushrom (inonotus obliquus)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:48:55 PM »
I love chaga. It grows like crazy by my job. Tastes a bit like vanilla maple syrup to me. I break it up with a hammer and make pretty strong teas with it, using lowish heat and brew it for a good while. It's has one of the highest anti-oxidant values of any plant recorded.

It is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-tumor, anti-viral, regulates blood sugar, regulates immune system, and is a liver tonic.

Medicinal Mushroom Chart
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:39:17 PM by λlτεrηιτγ »

Offline n3ur0h@ck

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 05:24:08 AM »
Yeah same here, break it up with a hammer, then with the electric coffee grinder to top it off with a long simmering brew. Took me a while to find out it's reusable several times.

It also provides melanin, ridiculous amounts of SOD and much more. Too bad I don't read Russian, they have done a lot of studies into it.

Got this idea to try to find a spot were I wan't to apply for helping out with the harvest. Like WWOOFing. They grow in my region but are weak due to the lack of frost.

But I can't open that chart. The url seems to be invalid.

Edit: http://www.earthspiritmedicine.org/Images/medicinal_chart%20copy.jpg
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:31:24 AM by n3ur0h@ck »

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 05:41:27 PM »
Nice! Sorry, fixed the link. Thanks for pointing that out. I've noticed after harvesting they grow back fully the next year. At least the biggest one in the most prominent spot, I can see it from where I stand at work.

Offline n3ur0h@ck

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 06:40:15 AM »
Due to very hot sunny weather and having no serious skin pigmentation and not liking chemical sunprotection, I've been looking into making my own sunscreen. And the idea is to somehow get the melanin of the chaga into coconut oil and put it on the skin. Anyone tried something like this before?

Tried to boil in water and add coconut oil to extract, but melanin stays in the water. So I'll try directly infusion it into liquid coconut oil. It will also give a nice color to the skin. I'm really curious if this is going to work...