Author Topic: Booze in the weeks post-kambo?  (Read 6059 times)

Offline BlissCatalyst

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Booze in the weeks post-kambo?
« on: July 29, 2016, 04:31:11 PM »
I've done thorough looking and inquiring but i cannot get an answer regarding if alcohol is okay in the weeks after ceremony. I am not a big drinker but i do have a vacation and birthday sometime not long after a scheduled ceremony, and i'd like to have a few cocktails there. i don't plan on "going hard" at all on the drinking (perhaps 2-3 drinks maybe twice in that week), but still I am concerned that any alcohol will cancel out the effects of the medicine. One person has told me this, and it came as a surprise to me as I've not read anything out there validating that theory or spoken to anyone else who has told me this. I've looked and looked and can find little on the topic of alcohol post-kambo. I know it's advisable to stay "clean" 24-48 hours after, but i've not heard of needing to keep away from all booze for weeks afterwards, and i've certainly not heard of the notion that alcohol "cancels out" the medicine, as this person has stated. Can anyone clear any of this up for me? Thanks! Aho!

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: Booze in the weeks post-kambo?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 03:06:59 AM »
Alcohol will not directly cancel the effects of kambo. They're totally different things in regards to their effects, metabolic pathways, energies, properties, and ect.
Alcohol is inherently inadvisable, with no correlation to kambo. Generally you want to keep your body as clean as possible and healthy as possible, for as long as possible, after doing a healing / cleansing. But as long as you are conscious of your actions, and want to enjoy a drink, then by all means, enjoy yourself and make the best of life.

Alcohol in general is a depressant psychologically and physiologically. I personally don't like where alcohol takes me with exceptions. I absolutely love absinthe and wouldn't mind if every other alcohol ceased to exist. I also like gin. They are herbal spirits. Where plant aromatic compounds / essential oils are distilled into the drink. These add medicinal benefits. For example wormwood in absinthe is anti-viral (specifically, it kills malaria). Quinine is a plant compound  extracted from the bark of the cinchona tree which is put into tonic water. Imagine a gin and tonic. A distilled herbal spirit and the tonic water has quinine which is also anti-malaria (anti-viral), and anti-inflammatory.

Traditionally herbs have been extracted and preserved in alcohol. If you're going to have a drink why not have one with medicinal benefits and plant energies to balance out the deleterious effects of alcohol. Everything in it's proper balance.

cheers  ;)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:10:30 AM by λlτεrηιτγ »

Offline BlissCatalyst

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: Booze in the weeks post-kambo?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 03:38:42 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for this comprehensive response! wow, such great information that i hadn't known or inquired about before! i never really did the gin thing, usually i'm usually a bourbon and bitters kinda gal (chemical-free kind of bitters, which is also medicinal as i'm sure you know. i continue to put it in sparkling water even without the alcohol). But i think i'll start getting accustomed to gin now, at the times i do drink hard alcohol. so intriguing to know this. There's also an authentic and amazing restaurant/bar in SF called Absinthe and now i know the spot to pick next time i'm looking to go out on the town. i too like absinthe but it's not that easy to come by. Again, thank you for your help. It's so appreciated!