Author Topic: New ways of Administering Kambo (Other than via Skin Burns)  (Read 105397 times)

Offline Hip

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: New ways of Administering Kambo (Other than via Skin Burns)
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2013, 11:55:57 PM »
You're right Hip so I've started asking people with CFS, ME or Depression to fill in a questionnaire every three months for me. I'm gonna focus on those for the moment as they're the most common issues that I come across and I seriously don't have the time to do more yet.

Thank you for showing me the way on this one.

A pleasure to be of help. I'd certainly be interested to see the results.

@Galega

why do you have CFS, ME and Depression in the same category? Do you know that we are fighting for nearly 30 years to have it separated? and have it in neuro-immunologic, post viral syndrome disfunction and not psychiatric condition as depression...

Any chronic illness is depressing, but doesn't mean it is depression.

I don't think Galega is putting ME/CFS and depression in the same category; I think she is just saying that she is going to send out these questionnaires to her ME/CFS patients, and also to her patients that suffer depression.

The only stumbling block I can foresee is mixing up patients that have just have chronic fatigue for a few months, with patients that have proper chronic fatigue syndrome for years. People can get chronic fatigue for a few months from an Epstein-Barr virus infection, for example, but this condition usually clears itself up within 6 months even without any medication, so chronic fatigue is not the same as chronic fatigue syndrome.

The official CDC diagnostic rules for chronic fatigue syndrome require that the fatigue must have been continuously present for at least 6 months before a diagnosis of CFS can be given.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:00:55 AM by Hip »

Offline Galega

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
  • Kambo Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: New ways of Administering Kambo (Other than via Skin Burns)
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 04:29:24 AM »
Hi both

I'm not putting them in the same category. Hip is correct in that i'm simply saying that I want to track these conditions because they are the top three that I come across in my work. I always ask questions about duration and symptoms to try and establish exactly what is happening to someone.

Prior to kambo, I spent half my life working in mental health so I know only too well the difference between depression as a diagnosable condition and depression that comes from dealing with chronic pain on a daily basis. Even depression itself can be categorised in many different ways.

You're quite right that they are not in the same category - maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I always try to differentiate between true CFS and post viral fatigue and the many other causes of fatigue like stress etc and I use  6 -9 months plus as a marker of this.

Anyhow, I appreciate you pulling me up on this guys. The more info I have, the better I can work, so thanks!

Apologies to have taken so long to respond - travelling and working and little time for internet these days so please bear with me.

Galega