Author Topic: Singado  (Read 17879 times)

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Singado
« on: December 01, 2012, 04:32:50 AM »
I use Mapacho I have grown myself. I also use Singado which is a medicine of mapacho tea up the nose.

My homegrown organic mapacho through a pipe far surpasses even additive-free cigarettes for me.

Very easy plant to grow by the way.
Drop seeds on dirt in spring, grows like a weed.
wait for leaves to turn yellow when winter kills plant.
hang leaves to dry in a warm, moist place.

Fuck dependence on corporations,
which sell a botched, disgraced "tobacco" product tainted with greed.

Common tobacco or N. Tobacum can produce a dizzing, disorientating buzz if smoked too fast.
Mapacho probably could too, if overdone, but I have not experienced it.
Although Mapacho is said to have way higher quantities of nicotine, it is not a physically harsher experience.
It has a deeper, more centered, longer-lasting buzz for me. It is like a clear-headed high. A sort of glow.
It is also said to be higher in harmalas. I think this balances out the buzz. helps make it stronger, deeper medicine.

If you are going to use tobacco may I recommend you read the first 2 posts here:
https://mycotopia.net/forums/botanicals/62235-tobacco-sacrement.html

and Sachas two posts here:
http://www.breakingopenthehead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967

The Singado is supposed to clear negativity and re-energize the body. I definitely feel like negativity melts away after and it is wakeful.
The strongest effect is the sense of CLARITY after use. Some Singado reading here:

http://tribes.tribe.net/...-4357-9fde-ea09040b9e10

and here:

http://ayahuasca.tribe.n...-4493-81e9-fc5331d4aef4

WARNING: Nicotine is a stronger poison than arsenic. Without tolerance. Dosage is what separates a poison from a medicine.
Use through the nasal passageways is a potent route of administration. Even stronger if swallowed. Tread consciously.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:03:38 AM by Psilocybechild »

Offline brenthebdog

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: Singado
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply Psilocybe, quality mapacho information is hard to come by!
I forgot all about this post and have taken NuNu already, probably a few days after I posted.

Of all the things I've taken NuNu/Nicotiana rustica is in a league all its' own, snorting it is quite painful and disorienting. Personally I haven't had much experience so far with NuNu and pure Mapacho; but it is powerful, almost immediately, and it lasts for quite a while. I haven't consumed anywhere near the hallucinogenic dosage or even threshold dosages, but could tell that there is an intent and power behind Mapacho that beckons someone in that direction. I've been reading these books to familiarize myself with any useful ritual methods that I could find:

Tobacco and Shamanism in South America (Psychoactive Plants of the World Series) by:
Johannes Wilbert

The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge by: Jeremy Narby

Apparently, Indians administer singando through the nose in a snail shell, which is attached to that long horn that is occasionally seen in photos. This book has been a great place to start, but I would feel better receiving the information firsthand from a tabaquero than an anthropologist.

Also, I'm curious if you've taken any Mapacho tea at a toxic threshold dosage Psilocybe?

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 02:18:02 AM »
Idk if I would call it toxic. I probably have a strong tolerance to it. And it's probably not near toxic at the quantities I consume.
But I definitely won't be quick to disrespect or underestimate tobacco. I don't think that would be too enjoyable.

I have made teas with it before, starting low, but haven't noticed too much from it.
I'm cautious. Especially with that ROA which is taken all the way into the body.
I felt it most when pouring it through the nose and drinking a small amount left I hadn't used.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:12:32 AM »
This is truly brilliant medicine.  I started working with it in tea form.  Then lately I got the balls to put grain alcohol in there, just enough to cover to Nicotiana leaves (I work with 3 strains currently) then I add very hot water and let it sit over night.  I shake up periodically.  Then I strain the portion I want for the day and put the rest in the fridge (just in case to preserve proper). 

The alcohol makes it a whole new ball game, it really hits home, very intense pain though.  I'm sort of hooked on the rush of ordeals (if you couldn't tell) so it kind of goes along with my current attitude.

Yesterday I did the Singado before Kambo and got amazing results.  I felt so clear going into the Kambo.  Also got me into a healer atmosphere for the 2 friends I treated before I was treated.  I'm super in love with Singado, hence it deserved a thread all it's own.

Much elaboration to come.  Rape' is very nice after Singado too.  The Singado makes a clearance in all passageways and then the Rape' has clear access to the brain.  BAM!  Nasal Fuel for the strong in heart. 

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 03:56:11 AM »
brenthebdog-
I have and have read The Cosmic Serpent. Please let me know how Tobacco and Shamanism in South America is. I've had a tab open for the amazon page of that book for a few weeks now in my browser. I had been thinking of purchasing it. Not much literature on tobacco uses as medicine. The reviews didn't look great, however.

We seem to have similar taste. Not the most popular books in the world.   ;)

KIAP-
haha yes!! I'm so glad to see your response to this. Good medicine!

Couldn't grain alcohol cause damage to sensitive sinus tissue tho?
Also, adding the right amount of salt, should taste about the saltiness of tears, will prevent cells in your sinuses from bursting & the pain associated with that.

12:27  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Xb5i3vpAY
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:44:36 AM by Psilocybechild »

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 08:44:31 AM »
Tis the original Andes formula bro.  They use alcohol too, how much I don't know for sure.  I use about 15% alchohol to 85% water, as well I add in Himalayan salt and MSM sulfur chrystsls. 

I only take in about 1ml per nostril, as well I let none fall our.  I do a precise dose/formula to get the exact results of clarity and overall happiness.  I use a Neti Pot syringe so it shoots straight and direct.  Any more than 1ml and it will start spilling out for me. 

It is excellent for when Iboga micro dosing stacks up too much, when one starts to feel a bit "fuzzy" it cleans the passage way fresh.

Offline brenthebdog

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »
brenthebdog-
I have and have read The Cosmic Serpent. Please let me know how Tobacco and Shamanism in South America is. I've had a tab open for the amazon page of that book for a few weeks now in my browser. I had been thinking of purchasing it. Not much literature on tobacco uses as medicine. The reviews didn't look great, however.

We seem to have similar taste. Not the most popular books in the world.   ;)

KIAP-
haha yes!! I'm so glad to see your response to this. Good medicine!

Couldn't grain alcohol cause damage to sensitive sinus tissue tho?
Also, adding the right amount of salt, should taste about the saltiness of tears, will prevent cells in your sinuses from bursting & the pain associated with that.

12:27  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Xb5i3vpAY

Hey there Psilocybe,

So far Tobacco and Shamanism is pretty much what you'd expect from a anthropology book. It is more concerned with actually identifying the herb used in traditional ceremonies than native philosophy and use. Apparently, conquistadors and even modern anthropologists couldn't believe that mere tobacco could produce such profound sedation or hallucinations. But Nicotiana Tobbaccum is as different from Nicotiana Rustica as Tabernaemontana is from Tabernanthe Iboga. This is why losing a jungle medicine man is the equivalent of losing thousands of years of priceless information and rituals. While we're desperately trying out to identify a plant they already have a comprehensive knowledge base and comfortability of usage!

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 04:38:17 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree brent.

Kambo, have you used singado with mapacho? N. rustica is so different than N. tabacum and similar species. I  am curious what that would be like administed as singado tho... What species do you work with? Sorry if you've already told me..

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
I work with varieties I grew seed from Sacred Succulents.  I recommend paying them the $8 to get a 2 year subscription to their special catalog with limited offerings. 

For now it's:
Nicotiana Rustica (Ancient variety)
Nicotiana Rustica (Moray variety) --- very hard to get germination, needs GA-3
Nicotiana Mutiballas (spelling? I forget)

This year I want to have a separate garden specifically for Nicotiana.  I never grow the Tobaccum varieties as I don't like smoking things.  Sensitive lungs.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »
Could make some amazing Singado adaptations, I delve deeper in love with this way of taking in this sacred plant genus.

And this is just what's on their open catalog...

http://sacredsucculents.com/andean-ethnobotanical-collections/

Nicotiana paniculata BK00.1 ”Tobacco” “Qhamasayri”

Solanaceae. Unusual annual tobacco species we collected in 2000 at Moray; an amazing Incan agricultural center at 12,000′ in Peru. Rounded leaves and stems to 3-4′. Lightly variegated flowers: green, yellow and white. A rare and wonderful plant. Z9b
Seed packet $4
Nicotiana tomentosiformis “Wild Tobacco”

Rare perennial species with leafy upright stalks to 10′. Large mouthed dark pink flowers. As the name suggests, it resembles N. tomentosa but never reaches the size of that arborescent species. Endemic to the Yungas region of Bolivia. Genetic studies suggest it may be one of the parent species of the cultivated tobacco (N. tabacum), being hybridized millennia ago with N. sylvestris and N. otophora. Z9b/10a
Seed packet $4.50
Plant $10 (limited)
Nicotiana rustica BK09508.1  “Tutuma” “Chavin Tobacco”

Round leaved annual to 3–6′ with yellow-green flowers. Sacred tobacco, we thought this was N. thrysiflora, but now that it has flowered for us at home it is clear that it is a distinct Nicotiana rustica strain. Heated leaves are used for rheumatism. From our collection at the edge of cultivated fields just north of the town of Chavin, Ancash Dept., Peru, 10,000′. Z9b
Seed packet $4
Nicotiana tabacum ‘Bolivian Criollo’  “Black Tobacco”

Annual with large sticky leaves, pink tubular flowers. This is a criollo strain grown locally in Bolivia, the region in which it is believed N. tabacum was originally domesticated. Traditionally cured as a “negro”, a dark, strong smoke. Z10a
Seed packet $4

For additional Nicotiana species see our Medicinals page

Nicotiana glauca “Tree Tobacco”

Solanaceae. Perennial shrub or small tree to 20′. Large, leathery, glaucus blue leaves. Clusters of tubular yellow flowers attract hummingbirds. Said to be native to the southern Andes, but is now naturalized all the way into central California. Considered erroneously to be invasive, but it only grows on disturbed ground, hence its abundance along roadsides and construction areas. Does not contain nicotine, but the bioactive analog anabasine. Widely used as a sacred tobacco, makes an interesting smoke. Z9a
Seed packet $3
Nicotiana rustica ‘Ancient’   ”Tobacco”

This seed came to us from a friend who received it as a very special wedding gift. The seed was discovered in a 1000 year old urn at an archaeological dig on Vancouver Island. An amazing relic, it has proven highly viable, we grew out robust plants to 3′. This is the first generation seed from this ancient sacred tobacco. Z9a-b?
Seed packet $6
Nicotiana rustica ‘Kessu’   “Tobacco”

Small tobacco to 2-3′ with round leaves and yellow green tubular flowers. N. rustica is the most potent tobacco, having the highest nicotine content, making an excellent insecticide and shamanic smoke. This specific strain, Kessu, is the most northernly strain ever recorded, growing in central Finland just 400 miles from the Arctic Circle! Z8b?
Seed packet $4
Nicotiana rustica ‘Mohawk’ “Tobacco”

This heirloom tobacco strain comes to us from the Six Nations Reserve of the Eastern U.S and Canada, from the Iroqouis Confederacy: the original North American democracy. Z9b
Seed packet $4

For additional Nicotiana species see our Chilean & Andean offerings

Nicotiana solanifolia “Tobaco Cimarron”

Solanaceae. Rosettes of wavy paddle shaped leaves. Flowering stalks 3-5′ tall with green tubular flowers. A rare and unusual tobacco found only in rocky areas in the fog belt of coastal northern Chile. New to cultivation. Z10a?

--- Based on the experience I have had growing them, I suggest with the more unknown and esoteric varieties to germinate with a GA-3 and peroxide solution.  This will make them want to come out to a much greater degree.  Some of them are very hard to get started without help.  ---

Also I will begin a tincture/Singado process adding in some herbs that are also beneficial for clarity and respiration.  Yerba Santa of course a few more to add as well. 

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 01:43:49 AM »
How do you keep this fresh kambo? I started freezing vine and cacti brews cause they would get mold growth. But I use singado frequently and don't want to have to de-frost each time before use. I thought that tobacco itself was anti-fungal. I opened my glass jar of singado today and got hit with a funky odor and cloudiness which seemed to run up along the glass as a mold growth.

I guess I need to look up some anti-fungal herbs and make a brew of them. and keep it around to add to whatever i need such as in my singado.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 12:37:52 PM »
I had the same issue.  That's why I started going with adding in some alcohol as well as it is the more native Andean technique apparently. 

I put my Nicotiana's in a jar and barely cover them with alcohol (I use Organic Grain 190 proof).  I swish it around for several days until it has basically sponged up all liquids.  Then I make very hot water and pour to a ratio of about 85% water.  It seems that any more than 30% alcohol content is way to painful and unknown hazard.

Because I just flooded with Iboga and the noribogaine effects are mitigated by alcohol, I will just use hotwater and only make enough for a day at a time. 

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:40 AM »
So you don't boil the alcohol out before use? And you drink the tea through the nose? Without the salt, the burning will be much more intense, not to mention the alcohol. But if you add the salt and then drink it I would think the large amount of salt would cause a laxative effect.

I tried a singado alternative yesterday by adding an amount of condensed B. muricata vine tea into my netti pot, until it turned a dark color. I actually cleaned my sinuses out before hand with warm water & salt. and would pour the muricata water through and catch it in a cup on the other side. I poured it through each side a half a dozen times or so each side. I experienced mild effects like color enhancement, and a slight sharpness to my vision. awhile later text kept shifting around on my computer screen. (also was having a tea blend which contained some psychoactive oils like lemongrass; ie limonene, alpha pinene, and beta pinene? ect.) which probably added to the effect.

Anyway this plant and method was not near as effective as mapacho tea is. Which definitely has a stronger sense of clarity. I should probably drink it next time but I'm a little confused and worried about ingesting such a large amount of salt each time. You don't use any salt? I would think that could be damaging as well.

Will be trying the neti pot method with more plants such as salvia and chacruna w.o maoi.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 02:45:07 PM »
My use of Singado has suddenly jumped to the realms of esoteric.  I do use salt in it and realize that.  When I have certain revelations about the medicines and how to create them they tell me not to share them all ways.  They inform me that in order to allow for the flowing current of ideas I must not just be giving all ideas out. 

So I'm afraid at least for now it will have to be PM.  I'll send you what I've learned when I have a bit more time PC.  I whole heartadely apprecia love all your valuable contributions.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 06:50:18 AM »
Kampum,

Looking back and reading your post,:
Could make some amazing Singado adaptations, I delve deeper in love with this way of taking in this sacred plant genus.

And this is just what's on their open catalog...

It's funny cause I got really obsessed with trying new tobacco species rather than strains. I purchased seeds for 4 or 5? different tobacco species that different Native American tribes held sacred. I plan to grow them this year. Seeing how nice and different in effects N. tabacum, N. rustica, and N. glauca are in effects, I'd be so excited to try other tobacco species. Which they were more popular.

Have you still been cultivating other species? If you ever have any foliage to sell, shoot me a message. I'd love to try some, and I'd pay for it.

cheers