Author Topic: How to be a warrior  (Read 10732 times)

Offline mycotheologist

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
How to be a warrior
« on: September 15, 2012, 05:45:52 PM »
I'm always brave before I apply the kambo, but within minutes after applying the dots, all I can think about is when the experience will end. My usual reaction is to ask the spirit to end it because its so agonising that I handle it. This is only during the very harsh first 5-10 minutes but I want to become a warrior and just face the whole experience head on without backing down. I have learned to become a warrior in other aspects of my life (sleep paralysis being one) but it takes some serious guts to face kambo head on. I think I will eventually reach the point where I can do it. I know that philosophy/beliefs/thoughts play a large role. Today when I was lying on the floor hoping for the experience to end, I remembered that I am going to see Giovanni so I will have a lot more of these ordeals to come, on top of the challenges iboga throws at me and then my desire to flee from the challenging experience went away and I just accepted it.

How is it for all of you? Have you learned to face the kambo experience head on like a warrior yet? I'm aware that the people on this forum are warriors to begin with as it takes a certain degree of courage and resilience to work with this substance regularly but the intensity of the initial suffering is quite intense, I'd imagine it breaks everyone down, no matter how brave and tough when they first start working with it.  I suspect that one eventually learns to accept suffering as it comes, i.e. the warrior mentality. However, I'm aware that with intense experiences brought on by some substances such as ayahuasca, salvia and psilocybe, one has no choice but to surrender because the nature of the experience is beyond anything any 3D human is capable of handling.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:17:56 PM by mycotheologist »

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
Re: How to be a warrior
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:05:13 AM »
I enjoy most of the experience, other than the minute or two before the initial purge.  Honestly, I really like the crazy feelings for most of that 30 minute experience.  I can't tell you why, for I don't know.

Kambo isn't shit compared to the initial sleep paralysis episodes earlier on in life (of which you are familiar).  BTW, when you relax enough during those experiences you can allow your etheric double to "float" right up out of your body and you can travel around the astral planes.  Have you experienced this?  I have probably had sleep paralysis 1,000 or more times since I was a youngin' and I didn't master it until about 2 years ago.  It can be turned into a wonderful experience.

Kambo isn't shit compared to acute opiate withdrawal, it is like a day on the beach compared to being in a straight jacket locked in a padded cell.

Liver poisining which I had one time due to OD of acetaminophen was the worst of all the experiences that I've ever had.  That was hell.

So anyway, there are aspects of the kambo experience that I enjoy, the feeling of being cleansed, the tingling and vibrating all through and around my body and the serenity that follows.  Next time I do it I plan to do 6 (half) dots on each ear and 5 dots on the upper arm, I'll let you know how I feel after I do that one.  If I am feeling froggy (no pun intended), I may apply even more.  If I am not purging I can stand up and move around ime thus far, so applying more dots shouldn't be too difficult.

YOU ARE A WARRIOR JUST FOR DOING THIS!  Courage isn't the absence of fear, but rather pushing through the fear to do what needs to be done.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:51:54 PM »
I go through phases.  Usually when I'm a warrior with Kambo I sing my way through it.  But there are certainly times when it annihilates me so hardcore that lying down is the only option, lying down and purging.  In those times I feel like a pansy but that is the only way I can get through that one. 

Regardless shit man anyone that does Kambo is either a warrior, a Sadomasochist, or just plain crazy.  No sissies jump into this realm. 

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »
lightswitchedon: I've had SP my whole life too so I gradually learned to be fearless and tough in it. When I just relax and go with the flow, its great fun. It gets insanely intense, kinda like a crazy hyperdimensional rollercoaster. Sleep paralysis is more of a fear thing than a pain thing though, its fear that you have to overcome, whereas with kambo its that intense feeling of malaise. Well, theres a lot more to sleep paralysis than that but pain isn't a big factor in it, the most painful hallucinations I ever really get is being jabbed in the back by jagged objects which is more agitating than painful. I hear SP is a good launch pad to leave your body but I haven't managed to do it yet. I've tried loads of times but each time, I just went into a lucid dream. I usually get SP 3 or 4 times a week but if I fall asleep on opiates, I am 100% guaranteed to get sleep paralysis. Interestingly, its the other way around with some people. Benzos make me immune to SP so I strongly suspect its related to GABA. Opiates inhibit the release of GABA. I really want to learn how to make my etheric double separate like you described but I won't derail this thread into a sleep paralysis thread so I'll start another thread for it in an appropriate forum.

I start enjoying the kambo experience after about 10 minutes, its when it first kicks in that I go into survival mode. After that it starts getting enjoyable. Lying on the ground pouring sweat as I start feeling better and better by the minute, I like that part. I have never had a hardcore opioid withdrawal, I doubt I've ever had suffering that extreme in my life. Another temporarily but extremely harsh experience I get is this stabbing pain in my gut that comes with irritable bowel syndrome. Its the most intense physical pain I've ever felt, it completely incapacitates me like the first 5-10 minutes of kambo does.

KIAP: I spend all my experiences lying down anyway because it completely saps me of all energy. I spent my last experience lying on the bathroom floor and I could barely sit up to purge in the toilet which was right beside me lol. My throat was burning from all the bile that came up but I didn't bother to stand up and wash my mouth in the sink because it seemed like too much effort. You're right about that, one has to have guts to jump into this realm. The same goes for ayahuasca and iboga. There are many of these hardcore warrior training grounds that only the select few in life experience regularly. Psychotic episodes, chronic sleep paralysis,  kambo, bad psychedelic trips, ayahuasca, iboga, serious diseases, severe drug withdrawals etc., they are like boot camps for accelerated spiritual evolution available for those who choose (or maybe destined) to evolve at an accelerated rate.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:47:06 AM by mycotheologist »

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 08:00:52 AM »
As Gurdjeff said, conscious effort and voluntary suffering make the difference between an ordinary person and a spiritual warrior.

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »
As Gurdjeff said, conscious effort and voluntary suffering make the difference between an ordinary person and a spiritual warrior.

Can you explain exactly what that means to you?  I am just curious.  I respect Gurdjieff and Ouspensky, but not like I do Ramana Maharshi, Meher Baba, Krishnamurti, Peace Pilgrim, Meister Eckhart, Francis of Assisi and the poets - Khalil Gibran, Rumi, Hafiz and so many more.  I think they were all saying/doing the same thing, but Gurdjieff was a little different...not a bad thing though.  His writings are interesting and he is one of the few that can lose me.

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »
It means for me that we have to suffer to gain some awakening because our nature resists the opening to the light and the divine force; butwe have the opportunity to choose our pain: if we refuse to choose the sufferings come anyway, the hardest way.
This is also the meaning of "Rezar" ( praying) which for me ( and for south american shamanism) has a broad implication which could be intended as ascesis. Working with sacred plants and medicines, to keep the dieta or fasting, to evoke the spirits of healing and pass through the ordeal of an ayah or kambò session, to smoke mapacho with an intent without using the index finger... are all ways to choose the best way to suffer, with self determination and consciuos effort.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:52:38 AM by caiano »

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
Perfect, thanks ;)

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 01:19:40 PM »
caiano: Words of wisdom. Its not easy to choose ones suffering due to the human instinct to avoid suffering but this is where philosophy comes in. When you see suffering for what it is, you have more than enough incentive to dive into it. Sacred plants/substances in my experience, are by far the best way to suffer intentionally because once you decide to do it, there is no backing out of it, the plant/substance will ensure that your original intent to suffer is fulfilled.

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »
We all have admiration for those who have not fear to suffer: it's one of those circumstance in which our full humanity sprouts.
That's even the warrior attitude, because his\her soul  has the destiny ... the duty  to remove obstacles .