Author Topic: Expired Kambo  (Read 5900 times)

Offline mauvestar108

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Expired Kambo
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »
Hi all -

Can you please talk a bit about how to know if the Kambo is good to use, or whether it might have bacteria?
I purchased my first stick of kambo and it has little black specs on it. I can't tell if it's bubbled but it's not laying smooth on the stick. I have been storing it in a cool dry place. I used it once and I used water to scrape the kambo, and later learned I should have been using saliva. I don't think this impacted the quality of the stick but I don't know. I have already had 3 ceremonies with a practitioner but I want to be able to apply it to myself.

Any details you can give about safety around the quality of the kambo would be helpful.

Thanks

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: Expired Kambo
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 05:01:03 AM »
I cannot comment on what the black specs might be. I store in the refrigerator in a plastic bottle or glass jar, mine came wrapper in dried plantain? leaf or somethin.

I prefer to use water over saliva, esp since sharing the kambo I may apply on other people. I use spring water.
Saliva is generally considered sterile if the mouth is clean, but if one has any mouth issues like infections, bad cavities, receding gums, or any viral infections, than saliva especially should be avoided.

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:17:37 PM »
I prefer to use water over saliva, esp since sharing the kambo I may apply on other people. I use spring water.
Saliva is generally considered sterile if the mouth is clean, but if one has any mouth issues like infections, bad cavities, receding gums, or any viral infections, than saliva especially should be avoided.

I'd like to second this.  I personally have always used distilled or RO water and would not advise using saliva for the same reasons stated above.

Offline Vajra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »
Hi folks,
I also have a question in this direction. I purchased my kambo, about April/May in 2017. I kept it in a dry and cool place (no fridge, but in cool rooms). It is in the original package I received it. Wrapped in a bamboo kind of leave and inside a plastic airtight bag. This, I keep in a box and inside my cupboard, so no humidity, no air, no light.
I wonder if it is still good to use. Last time I applied was January of this year.
The website which I bought it from said, it might be not useful. But my question was about if it is safe to use it. When I insisted, they did not reply to this question.
What do you think?
Thanks...

Offline kambospirit

• View Profile
    • Kambo Spirit
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 06:41:04 AM »
Hi Vajra,

The black specs on your Kambo stick can sometimes indicate the Kambo was harvested from a male frog. Female sticks are usally clear.

All should be ok with your Kambo from April/May 2017. It will still be good to use.

Best wishes,

KamboSpirit
Kano Kano Kambo, Kambo Heyane! Kambo Spirit UK