Author Topic: Treating animals with Kambo.  (Read 9178 times)

Offline serpentgoddess

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Treating animals with Kambo.
« on: March 06, 2017, 05:25:08 PM »
Hello All,

I am currently a Kambo practitioner. I understand that the treatment of animals with kambo is controversial given that they can't consent to the treatment and don't know why they are uncomfortable. I have a pet donkey who I have had for 15 years now. He is not doing well. His joints have gotten so stiff that he is having trouble getting up when he lays down every single day. We put him on thyroid medication and antt-iflammatories (equiox- equine version of prevacox) 3 months ago along with some chondroitin injections and he started doing great, but then the cold weather has exacerbated it. In the past week, I have tried acupuncture twice, equine massage, and even gave him a microdose of LSD hoping it would reduce the pain and inflammation. It's at the point now where if there is no improvement within the next couple of days, he will be euthanized, because he is suffering so much.

So while, I understand there is an ethical question of "is it fair to give kambo to a poor unsuspecting soul that doesnt understand whats going on" it seems like euthanasia is not that much different, except for the part that he lives. Do you think I should administer kambo to him as one last effort to reduce his joint pain and possibly save his life? Does that still make it unethical?

I googled a bit, and apparently desmorphin has already caught on as a pain blocker being synthesized and used illegally in horse racing. I don't condone that at all, but this is different. Has anyone administered Kambo to an animal, especially an equid? They cannot vomit so I'm curious what the effect would be.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: Treating animals with Kambo.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 08:08:38 PM »
That's a tricky circumstance. Straight away I was going to say no, that's cruel but your circumstance is a bit different than I was expecting reading the title.
God bless you for all that you've done for your animal, easy to see you are a very caring and loving owner. I treated my dog much the same way.
I'm not going to tell you not to do it, that's up to you. My guess is that if he cannot throw up, he will eventually have diarrhea.
The points and effects will be shocking and uncomfortable to him, but if he trusts you enough perhaps the dermorphin will take his pain away.

Though in all honesty, (and I wouldn't really know) I don't think it would help him much long term, but it still might help, and I have no experience with kambo and joing pain.
What I can recommend though is certain herbs like Mormon Tea/ ma-huang (Ephedra) which is used for rheumatism/arthritis.

http://www.herballegacy.com/Brigham_Tea.html
http://herballegacy.com/Joint.html

Here is a link to another thread I started about healing bone, flesh, cartilage. (Comfrey & Cissus quadrangis are what I use)

http://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=611.msg2765#msg2765

Have you tried applying benzocaine or lidocaine gels or sprays to the joints? You can purchase them on amazon and ebay.
Even 25g of pure benzocaine off amazon cheaply and make a ton of your own.

I recommend applying that before administering his burns.
Perhaps add turmeric to his food to bring down inflammation.

Depending on taste and texture some herbs may be better to add to his water or as a tea to the water, and some herb powders/oils may be better to add to the food.
I used to give my dog tons of herbs, oils, teas, spring water, etc and he lived to be quite old.

Offline serpentgoddess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:01:42 AM »
To give you all an update. I was supposed to euthanize my donkey yesterday. I decided to try one last crazy thing. I gave him Kambo. I applied it to his gums, so no burns. He improved so dramatically so fast that when the vet arrived, he looked so healthy we decided not to put him down. It was amazing. I'm sure dose/absorbability through gums could be a factor but he shows almost no extreme outward effects. Very subtle things like yawning a lot, peeing. He stopped grazing for a bit and this zen tranquility came over him. Almost like an insightful moment from an outsiders perspective. His energy, pain, mood and mobility all improved instantly. No one could believe it.

The vet suggested I give it to him everyday for the next few days and if he can get up on his own fri, sat and sunday, then I think we are mostly out of the woods. If he cant', well then I will know forsure I did every last crazy thing I could to help him.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 09:31:45 PM »
that's amazing!!! wow!!

Offline mucky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »
Hi Serpentgoddess,
I have two horses and one has been weakened by a few zoonosis, and my vet said my horse will probably lose one of her eyes.

So I'm very interested about the details : number of dots, applyed on which place of the gum, how did you manage so that the donkey didn't swallow the dots ?

And could you please share a bit more informations about your donkey's health since that experience ?

Thanks a lot for sharing :)

And now I wonder, would it be ok for us human to apply kambo on our gums ?

Offline Sdbrooklyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »
I have also experience with Kambo....and am.hoping to give this to a sick cat:( which we have tried everything else to help. She is young and caught an infection in her lungs.... I was hoping to ask you how your situation turned out.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »
You could try adding some herbs to soak in her water. Mullein and mint are helpful for lung congestion and infection; And are gentle herbs for cats and dogs.

Offline Zavalla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 10:48:02 AM »
Sounds awesome, Alternity. What ailments would this also be good for?

Offline Nicolesry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 02:00:20 AM »
This site makes most people want the full benefit of it.

Offline wdb2021

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 02:01:16 AM »
I understand that they are sick and will probably die. The matter of animal ethics? I think we can't come to conclusions at this point.