Author Topic: hydration is key for the full experience  (Read 19536 times)

Offline lala

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
hydration is key for the full experience
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:03:57 AM »
  You MUST be well hydrated.. I burnt myself unnecessarily 7 times, one big one...I was not hydrated at all.. in the three times I tried Kambo, only once was I hydrated enough ... it can be scary, but truly have had the best luck since!  Oh, and even though ut did not affect me so much the last time I did it, it wiped out this nasty chest cold I felt like I was getting..

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
Re: hydration is key for the full experience
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:11:54 AM »
I agree on hydration, but for what i have read in these years on kambò, this idea to drink water is not in the natives' tradition. The reports I read speak they eat a soup or broth of manioca, preferibly.
Manioca (also known as cassava,  tapioca, mandioca, yucca) is a palatable white tuber  rich mostly in carbohydrates.
Someone has more precise infos on the traditional recommendations ?

However I think that vegetal juices are more suitable  to hydrate than water, at least if this water is NOT very pure and light, without minerals in solution, because these minerals are in the inorganic form and they tend to obstruct and  engage the body in a further process of elimination. The organic water of fruits and raw herbs is instead rich of minerals in ionic form, easy to absorb by kidneys and mucoses, contributing to a good electrolytic balance and support to neurons and organs.

To drink too much water in a short time is not  very safe as commonly thought.
I feel one liter in my belly is enough to be tolerable, more creates discomfort.
And in every case i suggest it's better to drink water in small sips.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:24:36 AM by caiano »

lovelightpower

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
interesting theory about fruit juices.

would def be a lot more palatable. i have only experienced the 1.5-2ltr drinking of water. i understand the liquid wont be in your stomach for very long, but does feel quite uncomfortable, but can help the vomit as you feel quite queasy from the amount of water you have drank, and as the liver discharges it's bile into your stomach it is good to have it diluted in water or some sort of liquid because tastes awful.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
I have heard that the Katukina consume a great deal before of a fermented beverage made out of corn I believe, I need to find that article. 

I consume a great deal of water within the 2 hours before treatment and find it to help a lot.  I also do 3 full enemas with very healing and purifying herbs directly before the Kambo treatment.  This really helps the fluidity for me. 

There was one time when I was drinking water before treatment, but not enough.  I was also keeping a fire and working on the fire made me sweat a lot.  Directly before the treatment I forgot to drink more water.  That Kambo treatment was really harsh and difficult, not pleasant at all to be honest.  It seemed to get stuck and wasn't allowed to flow so much.  This being said I personally opt for a lot of water.  I also see where your coming from though caiano, and I know for some the drinking of so much water is a trial in itself. 

Personally I like to be as fluid as possible.  For a while along with the enemas I was also drinking a lot of Guayusa tea (an emetic in large amounts) but I found the purges to not be as pure.  Because of this factor the Water in itself before Kambo is a sacrament to me as well.  I get it from the best sources and I never drink second rate water. 

Bless the water, it has an eternal memory.

Offline gloriadeo

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
  • in service to the Medicine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
my sense around the question of hydrating is that it is most important to listen to my body.
during my first two traditional applications in the Matses tradition i dutifully drank the 2 litres i was told to.  my body went into shock due to the amount of cold water it was having to hold.  this added to the intensity of the experience.  looking back it may have been unnecessary.  the third time i took notice of my body and drank a large glass of lukewarm ginger tea. my body clearly had had enough - and i was very firm in refusing to drink any more.  the venom was quick and thorough - the results intense but minus the 'water traumatisation' of the first two sessions.

now when i microdose i do not drink extra.  i have some herbal tea awhile beforehand, no breakfast.  and a couple of dots around 8 -10 am.  crash for a while then some broth for lunch, a cup of tea (caffeinated) and on with another beautiful day.   :)
"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease"  voltaire

Offline avendagold

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
I think it is useful to understand the basic science of hydration.

You can drink a litre of water 10 minutes before the Kambo, and still be dehydrated.

To be hydrated at a celluler level, it is recommended that you drink thoroughly at least an hour before.  The way you know whether you are properly hydrated is to look at your urine - it should be light, almost clear.   If there is any yellowness in it, you are not completely hydrated (the yellow in your urine are dead blood cells).

So this leads me to a question.  When you mention being hydrated, do you mean that one should be hydrated at a cellular level or in the sense of having water in one's stomach and intestines so the vomitting is less painful? 

Offline gloriadeo

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 02:48:31 PM »
my sense is that it is the latter, Avendagold - to facilitate the purge.
dry purging would be unbearable with this medicine!
"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease"  voltaire

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
The Katukina are those I would look to as the caretakers of Kambo.  There method is to drink 4-8 liters of a fermented beverage over the course of the day and a half before Kambo.  So on that level I think it is also cellular in nature to get hydrated.  I try to do both.  I regularly consume sun tea out of a 2 liter mason jar with herbs like Yerba Mate', Cacao, Rooibos, Vanilla, Cacao, 500mg-1.5g Iboga stardust, Caapi Leaves or Syrian Rue ground 2-3gr, Ilex Guayusa and sometimes switching it up.  This really helps me before a Kambo application.

Thanks for bringing up that crucial info.

Offline gloriadeo

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »
thank you for that, KP

it should be mentioned here that syrian rue is toxic to most women.
it is used as an abortifacient. 
i feel wretched for days after taking it.  i wont use it any more. 
so suggest leaving it out of Kambro's blend if you are a woman.

i would always dowse for any ingredient i was not sure of, anyway. . .

if i have any doubts, asking my body with the simple bodycheck is foolproof.

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 05:01:16 PM »
How much water should one drink before the experience? I heard in the Kambos Kiss interview that one should drink around 2L of water before the experience. Thats a serious amount of water, should you drink all that right before the experience, i.e. within an hour before applying the kambo?

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »
Can drank water over the course leading up to the experience.  To be rest assured I also make sure to drank around 2l about one hour up until the experience.  I also have others do this but I tell them to drink a great deal of liquids the day or day before an experience. 

2l would be the minimum in my books

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
I must have purged every milliliter of the 1.5L of water I drank, my body kept vomiting even after there was nothing left in my stomach. I'm glad I drank all that water because what came out was yellow. If that was bile then its a good thing I drank all that water to dilute it because that stuffs fairly corrosive.

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 04:43:57 AM »
Bile is yellow-orange and far bitter: one cannot mistake it

Offline avendagold

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
Bile can also be green in colour.  It can be mistaken for stomach juices apparently.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »
If you ever have read my 1/1/12 account of Mama Kambo Mama (Ayahuasca in morning, Kambo 3-5 hours later then Ayahuasca again at full dose 2 hours later) you'll remember I purged the rainbow.  That bile was every color you can imagine, on an empty stomach. 

Later on I would like to open up a thread on bile, and what the colors represent.  Associated with the only systems that seemed to really delve into this practicum, the humors of the greeks, and the sufi's also had a bit of infos.  I'm sure Chinese medicine also has some infos.  But I'm sure every color has a meaning.  For instance when I purged up black it took 3 weeks but eventually someone of facebook (gloriadeo I think) sent me this in depth report on what black bile represents in terms of the meloncholic. 

Amazing miracles