Author Topic: Serenity Now...  (Read 6455 times)

Offline brenthebdog

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Serenity Now...
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:47:03 AM »
Bear with me for the next few sentences there is a point to the tangent. I love the Seinfeld episode where Kramer starts using Lloyd Braun's "serenity now" to deal with anxiety and anger. Eventually, he goes crazy and trashes all of George's computers because "serenity now" is a diversionary technique. Personally, I am an angry dude; even worse I am a muscular and MMA trained dude who has mild autism and severe ADHD. When my patience meter runs out, it is catastrophic. Lifting, running, and going to the library to study have been how I've maintained my sanity for the past six years.

Originally, I found out about Kambo through an Iboga forum; what attracted me to Kambo specifically was the concept of "Panema." According to the medicine men of the Katukina and Matses "panema" is bad luck, saturation of bad energy, inability to hunt and find a woman. Westerners and mestizos have equated "panema" with depression, but I believe Amazonian Indians would thoroughly disagree. In the jungle they don't have the luxury of moping around feeling sorry for themselves and making excuses for why they aren't seizing the opportunities that life is giving them.

After my two Kambo ceremonies I have felt a subtle and surprising shift in my psychology and life. Opportunities are re-appearing, people are re-appearing, I feel friendlier and more inclined to be social than I have in the past two years since the first major romantic relationship and breakup I have ever experienced in this life. The more personal the pain the more universal the experience applies to everyone's first major breakup. I had a complete nervous breakdown and fell into the worst symptoms of autism. Picking up the pieces after that was impossible; what I've had to do is rebuild myself completely. This has been the most tremendous undertaking of my life because it has forced a complete and unwavering honesty to honoring the genuine core of my soul. Kambo is proving to be useful and unique teacher in this task, no more no less.

Kambo is not some jungle Wellbutrin, or Xanax; it is frog venom that you administer by burning your skin. This is how Kambo Kampu showed the jungle medicine men to administer his venom, this is how I administer the venom. Pain is part of the process, it is my offering to the frog spirit to learn from and receive his blessing. The glow that I experience is knowing that I am powerful enough to use this esoteric and extremely rare frog venom. As the number of points on my shoulder increases, so does my confidence in myself and Kambo.

For those of us with visible points, there is the inevitable question:
"What are those things on your shoulder, are they burns?

But the subtext is, "are they self mutilation?"

NO!

They are Kambo points; at this point there are 23 of them on my shoulder and they hurt like hell and simultaneously felt incredible! They are a mark of pride for the Indians, they are a rite of passage for hunters. If I belonged to one of these tribes there would be no awkward conversation and explanation.

I have received Kambo, I am a hunter, simple as that.

This is the glow, defending yourself, defending your beliefs and convictions unwaveringly.

-B-

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: Serenity Now...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 07:16:10 AM »
Beautifully written gratitude.  I hope you continue on in this mode of healing. 

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 08:00:30 AM »
That's also my attitude toward this noble frog's medicine.

Offline brenthebdog

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 07:18:01 PM »
Beautifully written gratitude.  I hope you continue on in this mode of healing.

I'll continue as long as I can conduct a proper ceremony; smudging and meditating are absolutely crucial to a beneficial session. I wouldn't feel comfortable without the smell of palo santo and copal resin to guide myself into a calm state of mind, the experience would lack a sacred element. Also, sangre de grado for the burn points is a wise choice to speed up healing, topically and internally.