Author Topic: Depression  (Read 5673 times)

Offline Xochipilli

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Depression
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:05:17 AM »
I've had depression for about 7 years now, and its interfering with my ability to live pretty greatly. I've used kambo by itself plenty of times, but the relief only lasts maximum of 1 day. Is there anything I can use kambo with to enhance the healing effects towards this end (curing depression) I haven't done aya or ibo (not a flood at least) yet, I have great hopes for them but it won't be for another month that I do aya (with the SD church) and longer before I do an ibo flood.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: Depression
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
I have great hopes for them but it won't be for another month that I do aya (with the SD church) and longer before I do an ibo flood.

Daime is different than Aya, make sure you know that.  It is blessed with the sacred current and lineage. 

Your on the right path.  Adaptogens and maybe even the Happiness tree flowers of Albizia julibrissin, which are out now if your in the Northern Hemisphere. 

Offline Xochipilli

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 02:32:14 PM »
Thanks for pointing out the distinction. The same can probably be said for ayahuasca prepared by an indigenous shaman, as opposed to just the plant brew. The adaptogens I have tried are rhodiola, siberian ginseng and maca, and they all make the depression worse for some reason. This is a common theme (things that are supposed to help with depression, make mine worse), I recently tried frankincense and lavender essential oils and they made things worse. First I hear of Albizia julibrissin, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 02:33:57 PM by Xochipilli »

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:24 PM »
The Daime is a very special path, the particular medicine is unique to the tradition, especially catered to the Christ inside.  I love my own brews too, but I am a Daimista at heart.  I hope you enjoy your experience and look forward to hearing more.  This above all else has the potential to greatly assist your depression but you will have to be committed to that path, and that path is for very few people.  It is said that the Daime is for everyone but not everyone is for the Daime, that sums it up best.  I have learned so much from this tradition and it has become the cornerstone of my medicine practice.