Kambo Experience > Indigenous Technologies / Modalities

Getting kambo recognised as a religious practice

(1/2) > >>

Xochipilli:
While kambo is not psychoactive, I suspect that it could be in danger of being banned since medicines like these have the potential to undermine the interfere with the interests of the pharmaceutical companies (i.e. they are in the business of treating symptoms, so if people can cure the illnesses, then they would have no symptoms that need suppressing). We should take a proactive approach to ensuring that kambo will always be available to those who need it. It should not be difficult to have the use of a spiritually powerful substance like kambo recognised as a religious practice. I'm sure it will be readily reconised as that in countries like Brasil and Peru, but I'm thinking about Europe and north America. In my country (Ireland), they are still battling to have Santo Daime officially allowed, after the government violated the Irish constitution by arresting church members. As I said though, kambo is not a psychoactive substance, so it should be easier to have it officially legalised.

Kambogahuasca Panacea:
I'm on board with this as well!  Thank you for the initiative. 

Xochipilli:
I think the place to start would be to talk to lawyers and other people who work in the legal system about this. I'm a chemist myself, so this isn't an area I'm knowledgeable in unfortunately. I know of a lawyer who is a strong advocate of ayahuasca, I will see if I can get in contact with him.

caiano:
Good idea Xochi.
And thanks for moving it on.

rez_runner:
It is comforting knowing things like kambo and ayahuasca will more than likely still be present in south america even if they are banned in the rest of the world (including the plants and natural ethnobotanicals we should legally be able to buy online..) but at the same time its not exactly cheap to get down there so lets hope things don't get to that point

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version