Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: Mambe
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 02:51:08 PM »
Well it couldn't hurt and would help mix the two components. Very interesting.
I will be getting my re-order Mapacho any day now from Peru and am down to experiment with these things.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »
Not to late to grow your own...this isn't even all their offerings...

Nicotiana’s
From Sacred Succulents

Nicotiana rustica ‘Ancient’    “Tobacco”
This seed came to us from a friend who received it as a very special wedding gift. The seed was discovered in a 1000 year old urn at an archaeological dig on Vancouver Island. An amazing relic, it has proven highly viable, we grew out robust plants to 3′. This is the first generation seed from this ancient sacred tobacco. Z9a-b?
Seed packet $6

Nicotiana rustica ‘Kessu’    “Tobacco”
Small tobacco to 2-3′ with round leaves and yellow green tubular flowers. N. rustica is the most potent tobacco, having the highest nicotine content, making an excellent insecticide and shamanic smoke. This specific strain, Kessu, is the most northernly strain ever recorded, growing in central Finland just 400 miles from the Arctic Circle! Z8b?
Seed packet $4

Nicotiana rustica ‘Mohawk’   “Tobacco”
This heirloom tobacco strain comes to us from the Six Nations Reserve of the Eastern U.S and Canada, from the Iroqouis Confederacy: the original North American democracy. Z9b
Seed packet $4

Nicotiana paniculata BK00.1 ”Tobacco” “Qhamasayri”
Solanaceae. Unusual annual tobacco species we collected in 2000 at Moray; an amazing Incan agricultural center at 12,000′ in Peru. Rounded leaves and stems to 3-4′. Lightly variegated flowers: green, yellow and white. A rare and wonderful plant. Z9b
Seed packet $4

Nicotiana tomentosiformis “Wild Tobacco”
Rare perennial species with leafy upright stalks to 10′. Large mouthed dark pink flowers. As the name suggests, it resembles N. tomentosa but never reaches the size of that arborescent species. Endemic to the Yungas region of Bolivia. Genetic studies suggest it may be one of the parent species of the cultivated tobacco (N. tabacum), being hybridized millennia ago with N. sylvestris and N. otophora. Z9b/10a
Seed packet $4.50
Plant $10 (limited)

Nicotiana rustica BK09508.1  “Tutuma” “Chavin Tobacco”
Round leaved annual to 3–6′ with yellow-green flowers. Sacred tobacco, we thought this was N. thrysiflora, but now that it has flowered for us at home it is clear that it is a distinct Nicotiana rustica strain. Heated leaves are used for rheumatism. From our collection at the edge of cultivated fields just north of the town of Chavin, Ancash Dept., Peru, 10,000′. Z9b
Seed packet $4

Nicotiana tabacum ‘Bolivian Criollo’  “Black Tobacco”
Annual with large sticky leaves, pink tubular flowers. This is a criollo strain grown locally in Bolivia, the region in which it is believed N. tabacum was originally domesticated. Traditionally cured as a “negro”, a dark, strong smoke. Z10a
Seed packet $4

Nicotiana solanifolia “Tobaco Cimarron”
Solanaceae. Rosettes of wavy paddle shaped leaves. Flowering stalks 3-5′ tall with green tubular flowers. A rare and unusual tobacco found only in rocky areas in the fog belt of coastal northern Chile. New to cultivation. Z10a?
Seed packet $4

Nicotiana Glutinosa “K’ama Sayri”
Solanaceae. Annual to 3’ with rounded leaves. Short, open mouthed, hot pink flowers.  Growing near 9,000’ with Trichocereus Peruvianus above the town of Matucana in the Rimac Valley, Huarochiri, Lima, Peru.  The leaves contain the nicotine precursor nornicotine and diterpenes with antifungal actions.  Used like other tobacco.  Ah highly ornamental species.  Z9a
Seed packet $4

Nicotiana Tomentosiformis “Wild Tobacco”
Solanaceae. Rare perennial species with leafy upright stalks to 10’.  Large mouthed dark pink flowers. As the name suggests, it resembles N. Tomentosa but never reaches the size of arborescent species.  Endimic to the Yungas region of Bolivia.  Genetic Studies suggest it may be one of the parent species of the cultivated tobacco (N.Tabacum), being hybridized millennia ago with N. Sylvestris and N. Otrophora. Z9b/10a
Seed packet $4.50

Nicotiana Quadrivalvis “Indian Tobacco”
Annual species 3-6’+tall.  Lanceolate leaves, 1.5”tubular flowers.  Seed from plants growing along a creek bed, hills east of Santa Rosa, Sonoma Co. the main native tobacco that was once widely used by numerous tribes, but has become scarce in recent times.  For medicinal and religious purposes the leaves were smoked or chewed with lime made from burnt shells.  We can help honor and revitalize relations with this ancient plant ally through cultivation. Z9a.
Seed packed $3.25

Nicotiana glauca “Tree Tobacco”
Solanaceae. Perennial shrub or small tree to 20′. Large, leathery, glaucus blue leaves. Clusters of tubular yellow flowers attract hummingbirds. Said to be native to the southern Andes, but is now naturalized all the way into central California. Considered erroneously to be invasive, but it only grows on disturbed ground, hence its abundance along roadsides and construction areas. Does not contain nicotine, but the bioactive analog anabasine. Widely used as a sacred tobacco, makes an interesting smoke. Z9a
Seed packet $3

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
keeping the coca flour in the mouth with the salts ( or ambil, or ash) , the humidity  triggers the reaction that starts to occour in 5 minutes (when one feels the numbness). But many of the powder remains dry and it will be freebased slowly, when the saliva reach it, but normally one has not enough saliva to moist all the [half-teaspoon] powder immediately.

I think snuffs have another dinamic: they need to be already freebased to be absorbed in a short time.

BUT, there is video where they mix ashes and coca flour at 50% and then snort it.
I've never tried to snort mambe but a friend did, and he finished preferring the oral-mucose route.

---------
What PH could achieve the ashes ?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:41:26 PM by caiano »

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 08:06:19 PM »
Shit, I am growing my own Mapacho from last years seeds which I have a ton. But that reminds me I wanted to get like a heirloom Tarahumara strain or something. Different tribes refine genetics for potency and pass seeds of strains down through generations.

EDIT: Ahh, a few are mentioned there, I missed that. The Ancient variety sounds  has intrigued me since I heard of it as well.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:56:40 AM by PsilocybeChild »

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »
Nice ! tnx, these are the videos I prefer  8)

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »
Mambe!  I caught on finally bro! 

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »
Bom Dia...

http://vimeo.com/m/41543499

Thanks to Caiano for always being a step ahead and filling us in in the mean time.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 11:06:42 AM »
http://spiritrisingherbs.com/2013/04/10/interview-with-an-amazonian-shaman/

Diagnosis and Causes of Disease

For diagnosis Isiais uses Ambil which is a paste made from tobacco with a certain type of salt that his tribe makes from vegetables on it.  Sometimes, he chews mambe, a paste of coca leaf powder. When asked why, he explained that Ambil and Mambe protect him from the illnesses that may be affecting the client and that they help him see what to do in terms of healing. Ambil and Mambe prevent the shaman from being affected by certain types of diseases a client may have, as well as help him figure out whether to touch the person, how to treat and also whether to give certain tasks to complete before actually doing any healing practices on that person. He spoke of different types of illnesses: those that come from human disorders, those that come from environmental influences, those that are hereditary, and artifical illnesses.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »
Pages 4-7 in this article are really interesting...

http://www.humanecologyreview.org/pastissues/her112/cristanchovining.pdf

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »
Interesting stuff.

It seems  to me that mambe is not used by women: don't you ?

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »
I know women chew coca quids w/alkaline ash in the Andes but never /Mambe.

I think the alkaline ash would help extract any alkaloids correct?  I think would better unlock the potential of Iboga even.  I tried today with Root Bark but I should have powdered the grind up, hence I burnt my mouth too basic.  Ancient technology.  You know what to do about the burnt mouth thing?  It'll heal ok? 

I found this interesting...

After 10 to 15 minutes, when the coca leaves are well dampened, the quid is ready, “chewer” adds a basifying agent. This alkaline substance will softens the leave's astringent flavour and most of all make the saliva more basic, thus extracting the alkaloids out of the coca leaf material. The quid is not effective before adding the alkali, which is a crucial step, as non basified saliva does not pull alkaloids from the coca leaves.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Introduction_and_Use_of_Coca_-_Erythroxylum_Coca#ixzz32frCgNva

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 03:18:36 AM »
it will heal, probably... ;-)
I never experienced burns in this way. Sorry for you.
So your bases are very powerfull but also potentially danderous.
Oils like nigella, aloe and/or flaxseed would help.

Yes ! this technology is worth to be applyed to other alks-rich plants.

Offline Elijah Phoenix

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 05:13:14 AM »
I recently started working again with this healing plant.  It has been most helpful for relieving my post work fatigue, I work a lot on my feet, so I enjoy it most at this point during the day.  As a tea, I know I am receiving all the nutrition of the leaf, there is little central nervous system shock, as there is with coffee, and also less adrenal spikes.  This is a good thing, being very well balanced.  I think I'm able to get the most out of it by having the flour with a bit of llipta held in my mouth vs. making a flour tea (consumed whole).

I am now interested in using this only post kambo instead of usual coffee.  Coca would be a healthier choice for me as I fast from coffee.  I plan to cut out coffee altogether...eventually.  I would prefer to drink green/white tea plant tea in place of coffee as a daily stimulating beverage.

About the coca flour...I have this idea that I'm curious to apply to as many drinkable sacraments/medicines as I could find effective.  I am considering making an instant mate by boiling coca flour for a while, straining, and evaporating the filtrate.  Sounds like a delicious treat to me.  I would like to try with yerba mate as well for an easier format for hiking.  What to you guys think?