Author Topic: Kambo and autoimmune responses? Could that make things worse?  (Read 42832 times)

Offline artycok

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone knows something about how Kambo could affect autoimmune diseases. All over the internet, I just read that it "boosts the immune system" or "strenghtens immunity". Well, if yes, all my hopes are done and I can probably not try it.:/

Just a quick intro why do I want to try this medicine - almost 3 years ago, I started to have a weird illness called "interstitial cystitis". Noone really knows what is the cause - an occult infection, autoimmune response, fungal overgrowth, or just everything at once... (seems I have all of these, ugh). Anyway immune system is somewhat compromised. It is like having an urinary tract infection all the time. Plus, of course, if you are a female you mostly start to have severe gynecological issues, too.

Since then, I started to have more and more mystic ailments - shortly I developed severe chronic fatique, fibromyalgia, IBS (had that before but undiagnosed and I thought it was "normal" - little more close to the constipation end sice childhood). Brutal migraines connected with the period cycle. And now, during the past few months - endometriosis (I am off BC pill for almost 3 years - I stopped immediately after getting ill, feeling that might have been a contributing factor).

I have tried many, many things. I have read Jox's story here and pretty much found myself in it - I also have tried like everything under the sun, including energy/spiritual approach, herbal medicines, etc etc. I do not take any medicals, I have just started traditional chinese herbs (that yucky ones you cook) - approximately a month ago.

Why am I boring you with this novel - I am afraid to try Kambo although it seems to be a great medicine. Because some of the herbs I have tried that are supposed to strenghten the immune system (goldenseal, for instance) have made some very serious damage to me (under a care of licensed proffessional, I must add). After taking goldenseal, I have started to have terrible chronic hives and never really recovered from them. They went away for a couple of months, but 3 months ago came back with a vengeance. And that is, most possibly, an AUTOIMMUNE response. Since trying some herbs, I even have an allergy to the sunlight (itchy rash) and overall I am even more hypersensitive. Vitamin D triggered an arthritis-like issue to me! Crazy. Colostrum seemed to have the very same effect as goldenseal - more hives (and that's supposed to be an IMMUNOMODULATORY thing, not just a booster).

I am from the Czech Republic, and there is one person I know of that does Kambo sessions. I asked her what she thought and she was apparently scared about the autoimmune stuff (although she helps people with allergies - go figure). And she said no, or maybe, she would try just ONE dot instead of three, but she said I should consider doing even that.

Well, I live a lie that is not worth living, that is for sure. But there is always something to lose, if you know what I mean. I would love to try Kambo, but I do not want to do more damage to my already crazy body. What do you think? Is Kambo more balancing or strenghtening the immune system? It is possible that it gives my immune system a kick to recognize what is an actual invader (in my case - I am positive for LYME DISEASE and some other nasty bugs) and what is its own tissue?

I am not in hope to find a magic cure, but if thereis anyone who has tried this for such a matter please let me know. I just do not want to get worse.

I just love being my own guinea pig. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:16:06 PM by Psilocybechild »

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: Kambo and autoimmune responses? Could that make things worse?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:10 PM »
I fixed your posts. If I were you Id probably try it but that's just me. There are medicinal mushrooms like Chaga that are supposed to be immune-modulators and not immune boosting. You mentioned cooked herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Remember that heat can destroy and break down compounds in foods. So raw herbs are better. Some plants are only really edible after steaming, or boiling though. I'd get yourself on a vegetarian, mostly raw plant food based diet and incorporate a bunch of juicing. Get off refined sugars. It's amazing how diet can change your life. Maybe some enemas, you mentioned IBS.
I am from the Czech Republic
Do you have access there to any cannabis oil? It is a really miraculous medicine. Sorry I can't offer more advice. Keep us updated.

Offline artycok

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »
Hi,

thanks for your reply. Well, I have been pretty good diet wise, especially because I have to or I feel really crappy:). I used to be a vegetarian and that is one of the things that made me sick in the first place (5 yrs of vegetarianism), I think I ate pretty well, but vegetarian diet is either too starchy for me (even beans are a starch for my body, not protein, so candida problem way out of control) or you subtitute protein with soy (which I guess messed me up, too, hormonally and it did something to my intestines). But, I have been on a whole foods diet for more than 2 years with food balanced to 1/4 protein (meat, eggs), 1/4 starch (brown rice/quinoa/etc) and 1/2 vegetables. Absolutely no sugar, flour (I started to be gluten intolerant anyway), I even have to avoid fruits for too much sugar content (exacerbates every symptom, but mostly interstitial cystitis crap). Have tried candida diet, no success. So, occasional blueberries and green apples for now and tons of veggies. Meh. Everybody else would be healthy on my diet I guess.:)

I have tried eating raw, full 6 months, and juicing every single day. This was not good for my IBS/digestive issues. That is why in Chinese medicine they cook almost everything. If you are more of a yang-type person, you can afford eating raw. If your digestion is impaired and your constitution weak - you can do more damage. Trust me I have tried BUNCH of stuff that work for other people. :)

I have tried some cannabis oil. Works to mask the symptoms a bit. I can make my own if I want. I am pretty educated in herbology after all those years of suffering I think.:)

Thanks for the mushroom tip. I will look into it! But I am afraid that mushrooms are quite a risk given that candida/IBS problems. I'll see.

The thing is, I would go for Kambo 6 months ago without hesitation, but now while having those chronic hives (autoimmune stuff) I am just afraid that my overreactive body could turn against itself even more, leading me into anaphylactic shock or something. I was thinking - what about taking just ONE dot instead of three or four asI assume is normal, and wait what happens? Could that "tell" me if the medicine is right or wrong for me? Would it do anything at all? Thanks.

And yeah one more thing. Does anyone have a clue what it does to female hormones, if anything? I have a strong suspicion that most of the problems could be connected to hormonal imbalances (nothing herbal really works, actually most of it just messes it up more) and congested liver (have tried many cleanses - relief very temporary). This all could be due to taking stupid birth control pill for 10 yrs. Mistake of my life. I have heard that Kambo could also balance hormones, but it does not seem likely to me?

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:54:04 PM »
Try 3 dots.  On meridian points applicable to your condition (look to auriculotherapy as your indication will be resolved with ear treatment).  Takes an expert to apply properly in these serious cases.  One will not do anything noticeable really.

Not to worry as long as one is careful Kambo is good for everything.  If dose is too small or too big then it is not successful though. 

Offline PrimusCantus

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »
On your place I will take Kambo. Like Kambogahuascangapé said, Kambo is good for everything. One my friend have Lyme disease and Kambo did the work very well. She was in the last state of the disease and now is very alive and much more strong. She did the classic caboclo Kambo treatments with the Brazilian urban shaman every 3 months. You can do more treatments at the beginning. Every week one, the first month and then every month one. Listen your intuition. The lady works a lot with Soma and she is a practitioner of Tao techincs of meditation. She did some illustrative work for the master Mantak Chia. She tried almost everything but Aya and Kambo did the work perfectly. VIVA KAMBO!!!

P.S. Please report your progress.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:26:18 PM by PrimusCantus »
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Offline artycok

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 03:59:48 AM »
Hi,

thank you all for your advice. And, thank you PrimusCantus for the info about your friend with lyme's. That is very encouraging!!

So, I have tried Kambo 2 days ago. The most visible part of my autoimmune problem, chronic hives, was triggered almost immediately after application - I could feel the itching spreading in cosmic speed. Fortunately it did not go too severe, and the rash stopped moving and occuring on my body during the night (I got Kambo in the evening). But that is pretty much the ONLY effect Kambo had on me - maybe also the fact that I was even MORE tired the next day (yesterday). Today, I feel like before. So, my CFS, fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis, IBS, endometriosis pain, etc... - IT IS ALL THE SAME. Plus I do feel pretty depressed (because of my pain and partly I guess because I had high hopes frm Kambo and feel a bit helpless - I have tried so many things and keep getting worse. No whining, this plain sucks and I will do anything to make it better). I do not say I expected this to be a magic stuff that cures everything instantly, but, I sure hoped at least for some effect... And I could use your advice. I will try to briefly describe how the ceremony went - maybe it is about it, also.

So the lady shaman who did this (there were about 10 other people) first listened to our aim - or "intention" we had with Kambo that day. Then she somehow decided how many dost and where she is going to give us. Mine was on my left shoulder.

Of course, we drank a ton of water before application (1,5 l). At first I got 2 dots. I felt tingling in my hands and feet and a rush of blood to my head, my ears got swollen, my heart racing. Weird dizzyness and fatique, but nothing too bad. I was trying to "tune in" with Kambo, I was not afraid at all, nor was I trying to fight it or anything. Everybody around started to throw up or seemed very unwell (some got more points than me, but some also 2). I was OK. After a while, the effect was gone almost completely. O got two more dots. This time more fatique, but no tingling or racing heart. I just felt peaceful and slightly nauseated. Again, people around me throwing up like crazy. Another two dots - so altogether, I got 6 dots. This time little more nausea, and I threw up a little. Just water.

Then the ceremony was finished and everybody rested. I was itching like crazy some more time from the rash. Then it got somewhat better, and it was not appearing so quickly.

Do you have any idea what could be causing that it has no positive effect on me? In any way... I am of course glad I did not choke or anything, as I was a bit afraid because of the autoimmune stuff.

Btw. when you say I should do it often, do you mean self-administration at home? Because this kind of ceremony is only once in, say, 3 months here in CR... Plus, as you mentioned Kambogahuascangapé, it requires an expert in more complicated cases, I am not sure is self-administration would do anything for me, especially after this first experience.

Thank you guys a lot for any input.

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 04:32:08 AM »
artycok,
self-administration requires a sitter and low doses, ***to be on the safety side.***
Kambò has to be "practiced" repeatedly  to manifest its potentials, mostly in cases like yours, where\when many body functions are compromised and need to be re-balanced.
Becoming more confident and accustumed to this medicine one develops naturally a safe approach.
The enhanched sensitivity of your body induced by Kambò would gradually lead you toward new choices of life, nutrition, and so on...
Try to see Kambò as a guide, a teacher, a wise friendly Wild  Angel. 

To me it seems evident your system is using the skin to get rid of toxins and kambò "poison" triggered that response. The dose was not enough to squirt your bile and expell deep storages of toxins. You have only touched the surface of the healing process. But it's fine; maybe your body could not have sustained immediatley a strong purge, and\or you need more trust in the medicine to flow and pass through the process. Now you have more experience and know better what is expecting you, and you could resolve to afford it with a brave heart.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:53:36 AM by caiano »

Offline PrimusCantus

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »
@artycok
You're welcome. Now you need to do at least 5 dots at once. Even I do applications to people and only the first time I apply one dot and after 2 more, because of people fear, but the second time I do all at once. You need a hard purge if you want more benefits from Kambo. The results will come step by step and not at once. The lady with lyme recovers for about 2 years now. She started with Kambo and Aya in 2011. Even she had once the whole night reaction after Kambo. She is a hard fighter and that's very important in healing. Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:51:14 PM by PrimusCantus »

Offline artycok

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 10:08:30 AM »
Hey all,

so, I did the proper treatment with Giovanni this weekend. That means six dots of kambo, after an hour or so another 6-7 (o the same spots plus he made one new next to the first six). The next day, another 6 (but HUGE I must say!):).

I did purge the yellow bile every time. Felt terrible of course, but my freakin' illness is much more painful and uncomfortable in general, I can stand a couple of minutes feeling like I am going to die with no problem.:) After first day, I had a terrible migraine (could be because of no eating - that sometimes happens to me). And after each treatment I felt like I have been beaten up, bladder pain worse, fibromyalgia, fatique and joint pains much worse, which persists til now unfortunately (it has been 3 days since I got the last treatment - yesterday I felt better, today I just feel like shit and my allergies are way worse than normal, especially the pollen allergy).

So, I am wondering... I did not expect Kambo will be a magic cure, as I have said. I am very aware that there is no such thing after years of suffering. But, I was looking for tiny little improvements that would show my that I am on the right path. Except for the fact that I was a bit calmer and perhaps happier for one day, I can not see any. I am not giving up, just would be grateful for your thoughts on this, as you are much more experienced than me.

At least I am happy it does not seem to make the autoimmune stuff much worse. But the allergies and pain seem to be a bit worse, so... I just do not know.

PrimusCantus, can I ask you how the lady with lyme's knew this was a right thing for her? Was she feeling better and that kept her going? Because I really miss this crucial clue.

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 11:11:26 AM »

I'm sorry you had no benefits.

It was a intense treatment, so i would expect it has or will have some consequences.
A recrudescence of symptoms is normal and expectend with many methods of purification, but in your case only you can tell and recognize the difference between a mobilization of toxins  - namely the effectiveness of the cure, and the intolerance to it.

What Giovanni told you ?

Thanks to keep us updated.

Offline artycok

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
Hi Caiano,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I too would expect some effect after such an intensive treatment. I know about somebody wrote somewhere that his/her fibromyalgia dissapeared after just one Kambo treatment. And I was hopeful after reading the story of Jox and his CFS. Well, not my case.

Giovanni said that perhaps I should try doing Kambo once a month/once in two months and after one year evaluate. And that I have many problems at once, which I know. Thing is, even people with many problems seem to see at least SOME benefit after Kambo, which I can not say. I will probably do as Giovanni suggests, but I have to admit that I am a bit sad.

Offline PrimusCantus

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »
Hi Artycok,
I'm glad that you reported to us. The lady with Lyme disease just followed her intuition to keep going on this path with Kambo and Ayahuasca. I think is smart to repeat Kambo and after some time you'll see the benefits, like the lady I know. Maybe your path is patience, determination and focus. Who knows. I wish you good luck and a lot of light.

P.s. She didn't felt better right a way. The benefits came step by step.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:37:15 PM by PrimusCantus »

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 06:45:13 PM »
It was a intense treatment, so i would expect it has or will have some consequences.

Sometimes I see amazing benefits even 2-3 weeks after my last Kambo treatment and it is quite clear from whence it came.  I definitely suggest a regular practice as that being the only way to truly tap in deeply.  I don't believe that only 3 treatments in 3 months is going to heal big issues, in fact I find that whole meme to be generally misleading.  Often I have to clarify with people that are first learning about Kambo that although it is a miracle, to me those miracles are only developed with long term practice and something on the scale of devotion to this sacrament.  I apologize for the religious slant but for all Kambo has helped me with, it remains as the most crucial sacrament that all the others revolve around. 

The first touch of the truly miraculous I had with Kambo was when out of sheer desperation I did 3 treatments in 3 hours on myself.  It was 2 years ago and I haven't had a migraine since.  After 30 years of very regular migraines.  For this reason as I tried everything I could for my migraines I feel that Kambo can do just about anything. 

Offline Galega

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
  • Kambo Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 05:58:36 AM »
Hi all,

Just read these posts and still digesting but a couple of thoughts came to me.

Firstly, I totally agree that Kambo is a path of commitment and devotion. Regualr practice is key if you are trying to shift complex health issues. You learn it as you go along and it learns you as it goes along. In time you develop a relationship with the spirit of the kambo allowing it to move deeper and deeper in to you. This is where long term healing arises it seems to me.

Artycok, reading your posts I feel enormous compassion for your situation, you seem to be dealing with so much all at the same time.  Some things occured to me and you may have already looked at them so please bear with me. Firstly, everything with the exception of Lymes can be linked to extreme stress response, even Endometriosis. I'm assuming that you've completely destressed your life/diet/environment and taken up lots of anti stress practices and you've been checked out for adrenal fatigue. If not, it may be something to think about. Secondly, Candida (also triggered by stress sometimes). This alone can be so debilitating and also trigger many of the other responses you speak of. Have you been tested for it properly? It seems to me that there are clear links between your various conditions and that stress/adrenal fatigue is the common factor again.
Thirdly, hormone balance. Again, linked to adrenal fatigue. I have found that Peruvian Maca is a great way to naturally balance hormones. It rejuvenates the entire endocrine system. I personally know literally dozens of women who have used it for this same reason and had huge success. Maca can undo the damage caused by taking synthetic hormones (as in the Pill). Maca is an adaptogen which works in harmony with your body and is also used for CFS because again, most people with CFS have adrenal fatigue.

So, check out the Adrenal fatigue and the Candida and get one of the natural supplements for that if its positive
Start taking Maca capsules everyday - can take a few weeks to see results
Keep up the with the Kambo. As others have said, patience and determination is the key. With enough of those two things you can overcome anything.  If I were treating you, I would recommend, intensive treatment (which you had) followed by 1 treatment a week for 6 weeks and then review it.  If all is well and you're improving then drop down to one a fortnight or one a month. I have used this with people with CFS, Fibromalgia, IBS and Stress/Anxiety with very good results.

Ok, apologies for dropping in to this post at such a late stage but I hope it helps in some way.

Much respect and good health to all

Offline Jox

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 08:44:32 AM »
Artycok,

I think you said it felt better for a day, 3rd day after the treatment.

This is a lot already. Can't expect more. But be realistic, and ask yourself in the past if you ever felt better for a day and how? Keep a diary of all the symptoms, and see how they change.  If you have a partner or a family member, have them observe you: before the treatment, during after.

No matter how bad we are, we, the sick want to be better form day one, and it makes sense. But at the same time we are very unrealistic how bad is our condition, and we brush off small improvements.

Do it again, and see if you are going to feel better day #4 or not. Yet if the improvements of the day 4 is not motivating you, there is no way that you can keep on with the treatment.

More or less, in my case is the same, I feel better for a couple of days, first 2 is worst, day 3 is better, day 4 is best, and then it goes back...

If you really feel worst, then it is not for you... yet I doubt it. Learn to do it yourself and

I have been acutely sick with CFS/FM since 1994, it started in 1989. In 2001 I got be bed ridden. I got "better" in 2006. I was in constant pain and sweating, I couldn't even walk two blocks and always had taxi $ in the case I wouldn't be able to make it back home.  If I had started Kambo in 2001,  I doubt I would have had much difference, or it would have been as you describe it, or in other words if you are in really bad shape, then it will take some time.

I think I over spoke, but if you have specific symptoms questions ask me.

best
Jox

ps. Also Kambo is the cheapest treatment by far.