Author Topic: NMDA antagonists (especially for iboga)  (Read 46423 times)

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: NMDA antagonists (especially for iboga)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »
I would trust your own critical thinking skills and research ability before asking Kambo.  Personally when I ask Kambo something it is not going to be about Taurine, rather on my personally life and something really worth asking.  Taurine and it's benefits or harm is simple enough to find with a clear and tangible thought process.  I find Kambo likes just one question and not all sorts of questions, like "how can I be more still"? It can answer that but I find unless taking Ayahuasca or Iboga shortly thereafter Kambo is rather straight forward and doesn't like many questions.  When taking a sacrament IMO (other than Iboga) it is best to be as simple and clear as possible with as few questions as possible.  That way the intent is much easier to follow and recall.  Like when drinking Daime I have found my best intent 100% is just this, "Divine Mother teach me how to be closer to you"?  Troubles surmount (from the way I was taught) when meditating when one becomes overly complicated.  Simple and straight to the point will reveal answers in a way that makes sense. 

^Those are just my opinions to be taken with a grain of salt and just to add to the discussion not as a final say of authority and I hope it didn't come off like that, if so please feel free to say so and I will adjust my decorum.

Offline peacefull warrior

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 12:25:34 PM »
taurine can do a lot of good to some people in some circumstances at some times.

make sure you do not take it with any sort of regularity.

every person has a different composition, what is a cure for you could be a poison for the next.

Offline peacefull warrior

• ʜᴇᴀʟᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀʙɪᴛꜱ
    (ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
"When taking a sacrament IMO (other than Iboga) it is best to be as simple and clear as possible with as few questions as possible"

i apologize, i should have recommended you ask iboga.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 01:03:04 PM »
^Those are just my opinions to be taken with a grain of salt and just to add to the discussion not as a final say of authority and I hope it didn't come off like that, if so please feel free to say so and I will adjust my decorum.

I agree with you.
..., rather on my personal life and something really worth asking.

Offline Xochipilli

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »
not to take away from any work being done, or to be done, but i like to think of substances as training tools to help teach how to use the respective systems with ones intent, will, etc etc
Thats a cool way to think of it. I haven't figured out how to use my intent/will to replicate the effects of many substances though. I can enter a state similar to that induced by hapi and other dopamine releasing substances through meditation though, which is fairly interesting.

PAM and NAM are temporary as is ALMOST every substance related alteration i have found, even the ones that seem to be non temporary seem to have ways of showing the non permanence beneath all, transience takes all forms even permanence.
Thats how it goes. However, if a substance causes a new neural pathway to form, then it becomes natural to stimulate this neural pathway in ones every day state, this change will be permanent.

BTW lets not derail the thread into a discussion on taurine. Lets keep it focussed on NMDA antagonists in general, and related (in this context) classes of substances.

There is more to the anti addictive properties of NMDA antagonists than NMDA antagonism itself. Further down the metabolic cascade is the release of nitric oxide (i.e. NMDA activation leads to the synthesis and subsequent release of more nitric oxide) and nitric oxide inhibitors like methylene blue have similar anti addictive properties. I wonder if there are any natural NO inhibiting substances known.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:51:09 PM by Xochipilli »