Author Topic: Getting frog faced  (Read 7213 times)

Offline plantbuddhist

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Getting frog faced
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:53:03 AM »
So I recently observed someone getting kambo and they ended up with a mild case of frog face.

They had done kambo many times in the past but had never gotten frog faced. This time, as he was purging, he commented that his face felt strange and sure enough, when he finished purging, he was mildly but definitely frog faced.

I have never had this happen to me.

One theory for why this happens is that according to Traditional Chinese medicine, some people are prone to dampness. Now it would make sense that the kambo would be attracted to dampness. So anyone who has this dampness either as a temporary condition or is prone to dampness on a more consistent basis would be prone to getting frog faced.

Anyone have other thoughts on why some get frog faced and others don't?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:29:16 PM by plantbuddhist »

Offline cactidrum

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
Re: Getting frog faced
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »
the kiss of the frog !

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »
Interesting theory! I get frog face and I was questioning recently if I had dampness and wanted to look into it and ways to control and invert dryness/dampness of the body. I always imagined it was just a way of helping the medicine get into the body. kind of like how your body flushes on niacin or something.

Offline Xochipilli

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 06:38:55 AM »
Whats strange is I never got frog faced the first 5 or so times I did it. Then I visited Giovanni Lattanzi who applied it and I got heavily frog faced. Now whenever I do it by myself, I get the frog face. Its as if kambo gets more effective every time you use it. I recently applied kambo to another person for the first time (first time I've ever administered it to someone other than myself) and they got mildly frog faced. Maybe there is something to the theory that only a shaman can administer kambo. Maybe one is initiated by the spirit of the substance, and ones ability to connect with this spirit grows gradually.

Offline plantbuddhist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
Whats strange is I never got frog faced the first 5 or so times I did it. Then I visited Giovanni Lattanzi who applied it and I got heavily frog faced. Now whenever I do it by myself, I get the frog face. Its as if kambo gets more effective every time you use it.

Interesting - I've never gotten frog faced and have had a number of treatments from Giovanni. I saw him do kambo on someone the last time I saw him and that guy got a little frog faced which he had never experienced before.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »
Its as if kambo gets more effective every time you use it

Amen