Author Topic: Not overdoing it with the burns  (Read 17672 times)

Offline mycotheologist

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Not overdoing it with the burns
« on: September 15, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
I see that I've been making my burns far too intense because I can tell that the scars are going to be permanent. I don't mind because my t-shirt covers them and they look good in my opinion (they're in rows of 5), plus I like having a permanent mark to remind me of my initiation into kambo but for anyone here who is new to kambo and wants to avoid permanent scarring, go easy. A very mild burn is all thats needed. What I was doing was heating the stick until red hot, then prodding it into my arm and holding it there until my skin completely quenched all heat. Thats completely overdoing it, in videos of Matses shamans applying it, they just touch the skin with the hot vine for under a second. I did kambo today, and this time I just briefly touched my skin with the hot tip and made very mild burns but it turned out to be my most intense experience so far.

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
Re: Not overdoing it with the burns
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
Every time I have done it to myself the scars have disappeared entirely.  It is only when someone else applied it that I was left with permanent scars in a location that is often exposed (ankle area).  The person applying the burns most definitely did so much harder and longer than I do, but I think part of the reason for the permanent scarring is that location is more prone to it. 

I have applied 17 dots (other than on ears) and have one slight scar that is barely visible on my upper arm.  It was the first dot and I burned and pressed for like 4 seconds.  It is also 2-3x larger than it should've been.  Seriously though, it is barely noticeable, therefore I would conclude that location of the burns plays a major role in the likelihood of scarring.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:26:42 PM »
Thank god all my body scars stay as they are marks of ordeals and courage.  On my ears they go away.  It's like Kambo advertisement. 

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »
I'm with you on that one KIAP. I said I did mild burns this time but it was only the 2 burns on my chest/shoulder area that I did mildly, I made a row of 5 intense ones along side my older row of spots on my right arm. I did this because I want to make it official that I am permanently aligning with the spirit of the frog, in spirit, mind and in body. Like you said, they are permanent marks of courage and perserverance. Physical warriors have physical marks. Spiritual warriors have spiritual marks (i.e. the permanent changes ayahuasca produce to ones spirit). Kambo is both a spiritual and physical ordeal and thus marks one both spiritually and physically.

plantbuddhist

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:32:32 PM »
kiap and myco - any chance either one of you can post a pic of your scars?

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 07:07:18 AM »
No from me. 

Offline adamantasaurus

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 02:12:30 AM »
This lady I was talking to on FB who has fibromyalgia (I suggested her to try kambo) and she responded by telling me that one of her friends did it bc she had cancer and was trying to be purged of the cancer by a peruvian shaman, but the burn wound got infected and she died, she said she would have probably died of the cancer anyway, but the burn wound infection caused her a lot of unneeded pain and suffering on her way out.... Has anyone heard of this happening before, is it possible (not likely but possible) for the burn wounds to get infected? Was the lady possibly lying or exaggerating? Idk I just think this should be up for discussion what do yall think?

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 03:12:36 AM »
i guess it's possible with a compromised immune system, not keeping the would sterile, and being in a new, very humid, environment with new pathogens you're immune system is not used to. I wonder if dragon's blood is anti-microbial. I kind of feel like it is. Besides forming a a second skin-like bandage and helping to repair skin. It sometimes burns like hydrogen peroxide when first applied. I also notice that pain of wounds are dulled after Dragon's Blood has been on a while, almost as if it has pain-relieving compounds as well.

I don't know but it's a shame she has been scared away from Kambo.

Offline adamantasaurus

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 09:49:24 AM »
yes dragons blood is antimicrobial it is good for herpes so I know it is antiviral.... But a lot of the time when I put dragons blood on wounds and they aren't cleaned good enough an infection still persists....

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 10:02:52 AM »
for little wounds i found it is comfortable covering them with a rolling paper  ( that you use to make cigarettes); it sticks perfectly after Dragon's Blood  ( or Propolis, or Neem oil)  is applied and helps very much to shield and protect the wound from external pathogens.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »
I don't know about that case, to speculate would only be assuming and therefore misleading.  I don't see how it could happen though.  I guess it did, so that's all I can say. 

Lately I like making "Nicotiana patches" over my burns.  Using Dragon's Blood and a Nicotiana extract that I make.  Gives me a nice buzz as well as being extremely antimicrobial. 

Offline rickyd1957

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 01:07:29 PM »
Hey folks,
great forum, learning a lot. Thanks.
With respect to the burns/healing/infection issue. Is a good old bandaid with a little neosporin not a good idea ? How about cleaning the area with betadine prior to the burns ? Medical person here, thinking like a Doc.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »
Sangre De Drago, 3 layers, 1 layer every 5 minutes until dry (liquid bandage).  All other talk is mumbo jumbo or excessive, IMO.  No reason to complicate what is already figured out, IMO. 

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »
yeah i love using Sangre De Drago. I think this is one jungle technology that is superior to band-aids. I never layered it tho. I usually just put a big drop on the burn. sometimes i spread it in. this even lasts through showers if you don't rub the area too harshly with soap. I pat it with a little soap. And the dragon's blood usually doesn't fall off until it is healed enough where I don't need to re-apply. as a scab does.

Offline Xochipilli

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 07:01:24 PM »
I found out that its not a matter of me overdoing the burns, I just happen to scar easily. The mild burns I did are still visible after 3 months, even when I applied Sangre de Grado. I have really light skin, but I don't think thats the issue, most peoples scars turn skin coloured relatively quickly, whereas mine stay pink for a very long time. I have a big scar on my forehead from 7 years ago, and its still pink. My older scars have turned white so maybe they'll go away eventually.

kiap and myco - any chance either one of you can post a pic of your scars?
This is myco, I lost the password for my old account. I'll borrow a decent camera and post a pic at some point.

This lady I was talking to on FB who has fibromyalgia (I suggested her to try kambo) and she responded by telling me that one of her friends did it bc she had cancer and was trying to be purged of the cancer by a peruvian shaman, but the burn wound got infected and she died, she said she would have probably died of the cancer anyway, but the burn wound infection caused her a lot of unneeded pain and suffering on her way out.... Has anyone heard of this happening before, is it possible (not likely but possible) for the burn wounds to get infected? Was the lady possibly lying or exaggerating? Idk I just think this should be up for discussion what do yall think?
The worst I experienced was a bit of itching while the burns were healing. I sterilised my burns with peroxide or dragons blood. Kambo itself has antiseptic properties so I doubt that the infection could have started during the application process. Sterilising the burns from time to time while they are healing should eliminate the possibility of infection altogether. The worst infection I've had was when I had pins put in my hand to help a wrist fracture heal, I didn't bother to sterilise it at all and after a month, the whole area around the pin swelled up with an infection. After a few days of sterilising with alcohol, the swelling went down. I don't see how someone could die from an infected burn like that, that kinda thing happens to people who don't have access to antiseptics but I've never heard of it happening to someone with access to topical antiseptics and prescription antibiotics.

I wonder if dragon's blood is anti-microbial. I kind of feel like it is. Besides forming a a second skin-like bandage and helping to repair skin. It sometimes burns like hydrogen peroxide when first applied. I also notice that pain of wounds are dulled after Dragon's Blood has been on a while, almost as if it has pain-relieving compounds as well.
Yeah sangre de grado is a potent antibiotic and antiviral. I've used it to cure stomach bugs multiple times. 10 drops in a glass of water cures the diarrhea and stomach pain rapidly.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:17:06 PM by Xochipilli »