Author Topic: Can Kambo be Reused?  (Read 9425 times)

Offline mycotheologist

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Can Kambo be Reused?
« on: August 18, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »
Today, I left it on for about 40 minutes and the effects seemed to subside completely, even though I still had the venom on me. The first time I did kambo, I added more venom to my burns straight after my first experience and it didn't cause the ordinary effects, my body temperature and pulse didn't rise but I did feel pins and needles and other uncomfortable effects and my skin turned orange for some reason lol. I'm guessing that leaving it on for a full hour does cause additional effects. Have you tried wetting the globules or kambo after the additional application? Thats something I've been wondering. I've tried wetting used kambo then tasting the water and I can clearly taste the medicine. I'm wondering if the kambo can be reused since not all of the medicine present in the jelly is used up in a single application.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: Can Kambo be Reused?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »
I had to split this one Myco as this has been a huge question of mine for some time.  I don't know honestly.

I've tried wetting used kambo then tasting the water and I can clearly taste the medicine. I'm wondering if the kambo can be reused since not all of the medicine present in the jelly is used up in a single application.

Were there any effects?

I've been saving my spent Kambo with plans on snuffing it.  Mixing it with my Rape' and snuffing.  I have no idea what would happen but I totally agree that it's still viable after being used. 

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »
I tasted it right before applying it so I can't say if there were effects (there were no immediate effects) but I'd say it was a tiny amount in comparison to the amount applied in a single dot. It has a very strong taste. I've noticed that used kambo is orange instead of white. I don't know why. The only objection to reusing it I've thought of so far is that it may not be sterile but since it doesn't actually contact the blood and since kambo probably has antiseptic properties, thats most likely not an issue.

Offline avendagold

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
I've noticed that as soon as water is applied to the Kambo it goes a bit orange as you noticed.  I reckon it must be some kind of oxidation process, but it doesn't seem to affect the potency of the Kambo.  I have wet the Kambo on my stick and it still affects me after it's gone orange. 

What I think is that the Kambo dot slowly releases the bioactive peptides through the water, ie. they are water soluble (hence why it dissolves into the blood).  If the water touches something, like skin, then the peptides can be transferred (via Brownian motion).  If the water doesn't, then it simply dehydrates and the Kambo retains the peptides.

I believe that wetting the dots when in contact with the skin helps to continue spreading the Kambo peptides that haven't been in contact with the skin.  Presumably there is still a fair amount of active ingredient in used Kambo (in the centre of the dot), though less than the original.

I liken it to a tea bag.  Put it into a cup of boiling water once, and it will give you a dark cup of tea.  Use the same tea bag twice, and you will get another cup of tea, but a bit more dilute.  Use it a third time and it starts to really be dilute but you still get something from it.   I assume that Kambo is the same.  Use it a second time after moving it around in water, thereby exposing new surface area, and it will give you another hit, but with only partial potency.

All conjecture.  We need us a guinea pig! 

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »
I read that kambo doesn't actually enter the blood stream, but rather it reaches receptors under the skin then gets transported through the body via the lymphatic system. Some on dmt-nexus claimed that he tried applying kambo to an open wound but didn't feel any significant effects. Next time I do kambo, I'm going to use ethanol instead of water to prepare the kambo. I'll see what effect that has then I'll try a mixture of ethanol and water. Only problem there is that the closest thing I have to pure ethanol is what I distilled from methylated spirits which has some methanol (which is pretty toxic) in it so I might try with rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) instead.

I have the same theory that water is essential for the peptides to reach the skin, thats why I think there is probably plenty of medicine left over after each application. Besides brownian motion, theres nothing attracting the water (which contains the peptides) to your skin so the majority of the water evaporates, leaving the peptides behind in the jelly.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:40:05 AM by mycotheologist »

Offline avendagold

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
Interesting.  I hadn't heard about the Kambo being moved around via the lymphatic system.  If that is correct, then it explains why it takes a few minutes for the full effects to kick in.  It's passing into the lymphatic system and then into the bloodstream.  It would also potentially explain why it has such a powerful effect on the immune system.

Do you think that making burns close to prominent lymph nodes (I'm thinking under the armpit) could deliver a stronger, more effective dose?

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »
Do you think that making burns close to prominent lymph nodes (I'm thinking under the armpit) could deliver a stronger, more effective dose?

I'll be the volunteer guinea pig.  Issue is in crevice areas where there is a fold, armpits, back of knees, back of elbows the kambo doesn't stay on.  Extra difficult.

One of the main reasons I began in my Kambo mission was to cure my Mom of Lymphodema, where her lymph system is blocked up at the armpit area.  She says now I am obsessed with Kambo (how could I not be?) and that I would have to cut my hair, then she will agree to treatment.

Maybe I'll shave my armpits and give it a try.  Already have taken hair off lower places for the sake of Kambo sacral therapy. 

Kambo Cranial Sacral therapy, hereby off topic but I'll start a thread on it here soon.

You guys are quite inspirational, thanks so much for lighting up my world!

Offline chem

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 12:20:42 AM »
@Kambogahuasca Panacea:
Man you sure snuffing kambo is a good idea? it is a poison after all... and that wud be going to your brain more then the rest of your system...

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 08:48:23 AM »
The Kaxinawa do it, where the name Kambo comes from.  I don't view Kambo as a poison I view it as a nectar/ambrosia.

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 06:21:32 AM »
I have no doubt that it can be reused; i guess only a tiny part of the globule is absorbed and I believe it retains a lot of goodies even when hydrated and  dryed many times.
So we could develop some guidelines or a protocol of application to take into account this issues: for example it could be correct to reuse the globules only on the same person.

Offline Dagger

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
But is it the white globules that contains the actives? Maybe there is something that is more water soluble that is absorbed. Perhaps it is possible to extract the actives in tincture or water and apply.

Also there is an irritant in it that causes swelling. Not sure how good that would be in the nose? Especially if it stays in there for a longer period. Tried a small dot in my mouth and the spot swelled up for hours.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:44:58 AM by Dagger »

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »
Today after my experience was coming to an end (around 40 minutes after applying), I decided to wet the globules (they had completely dried) to see if it reactivated them but I felt nothing. This doesn't prove anything though because most of the jelly is non water soluble so the water can't easily seep through, its probably only the medicine at the surface which touches the flesh that gets used up. I saved the globules this time because I'm sure they can be reused. It doesn't make sense that the burns would just suck all of the medicine out of the globules.