Author Topic: How to state your intentions  (Read 5585 times)

Offline mycotheologist

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
How to state your intentions
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:49:15 PM »
I am a full on visual thinker and do not even have an internal dialogue, meaning I don't speak inside my head unless I'm rehearsing something I'm about to say. For example I rapidly sound out these words in my head right before I type them but when I'm just thinking and not communicating with anyone, I think in pictures supplemented by the other 5 senses (i.e. I use tactile sense to think about things like pressure or I'll use auditory sense to think about sounds). Right now I have atypical depression which manifests as drowsiness/lethargy as well as other things like physical and emotional numbness. How I'd naturally state my intention is to picture myself the way I want to be (having lots of energy and feeling good etc.). Is this a valid way to state my intention or do I have to word it out? The problem with wording it out is I need loads of words if I'm going to describe every part of my intention whereas with the mental image I can do it in a single thought that takes about a second to think.

Offline SVibesRREF

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: How to state your intentions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 04:57:13 PM »
That is very interesting! I just recently learned that not everyone has an inner monologue. Mine is pretty impossible to stop to the point to where I am almost constantly having conversations and debates within my head. It is not anything like schizophrenia, as the voice(s) that I hear are clearly my own, coming from my own mind, not as if from some external source. I sometimes will even have full blown conversations with myself out load. I wonder if having or not having this inner monologue would be beneficial or not when setting an intention; whether with kambo or any other ally. One thing I was wondering though. I do wish to lose my appetite for meat, as I raise my own sustainable livestock, and have spent a lot of time and effort into my setup, as I am very against any sort of advantage or abuse being taken of any meat I ingest. So I guess my question is, are there certain elements, such as the propensity to cut back on meat (even not enjoying at all anymore), that will manifest regardless? I will be administering myself, with my lady as a sitter, sometime in the next few days, and I am just trying to get all of my ducks in a row. It will be my first journey with kambo.