Author Topic: how important is setting?  (Read 4198 times)

Offline kamamambo

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
how important is setting?
« on: August 03, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »
how important is setting for kambo?

there is the obvious importance of having some amount of privacy and freedom to purge and express (scream or cry or laugh). but in terms of the degree to the setting shapes the experience and healing outcomes - the ways it makes a huge difference with entheogens, for instance - are these factors as important (nature, psychological comfort settings of environment)? (or does it work more like, say, a medicine that cures a flu or like a psychical surgery where having the medicine and the doctor right is what does the trick?)

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: how important is setting?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 05:20:28 PM »
Imperative!

Woods, forests, outside.  I don't dare do Kambo on myself inside.  Even in the winter I find a way. 

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: how important is setting?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 06:27:50 AM »
Interesting question and I am FAR from any kind of expert, but my best experience was indoors in terms of effectiveness of the medicine, but this was likely because it was applied to the kidney meridian to perfection....and it worked.

That being said, I would rather have been outdoors still.  My best experience in terms of peace and serenity was outdoors in a location like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=481&tbm=isch&tbnid=ZZUf5ChtE9pAxM:&imgrefurl=http://www.lasr.net/travel/videos.php%3FFalls%2BCreek%2BFalls%2Bin%2BSC%26VideoID%3D499064&docid=vbA0_xshQ6XQyM&itg=1&imgurl=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wvy_WMx-Kls/0.jpg&w=480&h=360&ei=M0keUNHMFoKk8QSMz4BQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=275&vpy=122&dur=8484&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=167&ty=90&sig=117381494422855761958&page=2&tbnh=141&tbnw=174&start=11&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:11,i:135

In fact, it was almost in that exact location, but slightly better.

The first time I applied the medicine to myself indoors sucked.  It was night and day between that first time indoors and the second time in the serene forest with rivers flowing, birds chirping and everything in between.  The third time was the indoor meridian and KIAP applied this.  It was a wonderful experience for several reasons.  Damn do those meridian applications work.  It took like 3 minutes to feel anything as the kambo traveled from Point 8 along the kidney meridian to the correct location, but it was SO effective that I still have major benefits in that area of my body as I type this.

Anyway......OUTDOORS!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:31:01 AM by lightswitchedon »