Kambo Experience > Indigenous Technologies / Modalities

Getting kambo recognised as a religious practice

<< < (2/2)

Galega:
Personally I'm not in favour of having Kambo recognised as a religious practice because despite what we may find in it as individuals (and I am one of its greatest devotees) it is not and never has been a religious practice anywhere in the world. Kambo is regarded as a medicine in the Amazon where there are no religious connotations around it at all. Totally different from the Daime which clearly is a religious practice.

I would describe Kambo as a sacred medicine practice but not religious. I want to see it accepted as a natural medicine practice that has its roots deep in the Amazon because that is what it is.

There are already moves in hand to secure the future of Kambo. Several practitioners have come together to look at exactly this issue and its a slow, step by step process. It is already legal, albeit legal by omission. My mission is to ensure that its current status goes unchallenged. The DEA have already looked at it and decided to leave it be. You are right that the challenge if it comes, is likely to be from Big Pharma, however as yet, even they have no grounds to try and ban it. Kambo in its original form will not be seen as a threat to any mainstream medication that is derived from it because that medication will be mainlined into our health systems, seamlessly replacing the current medications that the majority consume and maintaining pharma profits - and that's all they're interested in. Kambo in its natural form will remain an option for those people who are willing to step away from mainstream health services and partake of a more proactive holistic healing experience. Whilst I already see this second group growing and growing, I think there is a long way to go before it impacts on the bottom line of Big Pharma.

The biggest threat to the legality of Kambo is bad practice. The number of untrained people playing at being practitioners is also growing. One fatality in Europe or the US could bring everything down. Being a religious practice wouldn't stop that.

Personally, I think that jumping in at this point and campaigning for Kambo to be recognised as a religious practice would put it prematurely into the spotlight, possibly encouraging opposition and vilification and even eventually becoming the catalyst for banning it.

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey ......

Kambogahuasca Panacea:
For me it is my primary religious sacrament and order of teacher spirit.  This remains my commitment in viewing Kambo as a worthy conduit the the most high.

The tribes have their ways which I respect and continue to adore and learn from.  My practice with Kambo is spiritual in nature and it will be forever I broadcast to my soul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version