Author Topic: any kambo contraindications?  (Read 10889 times)

Offline kamamambo

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
any kambo contraindications?
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »
are there any substances (opiates, etc) that one should make sure to be totally clear from to keep kambo as a safe experience or even let it do its thing optimally? from my readings, based on it's mechanism of action, it seems like it doesn't interact with anything particularly negative (unlike most powerful healing agents), but i'd like to confirm this? thanks :)

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: any kambo contraindications?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:52:31 PM »
As far as I know only severe heart issues can present issues.  Even that people have in general been ok.  I treated 2 people once only 5 hours after they did heroin.  It utterly purged them of those toxic substances.  I saw crazy stuff come out of them.  But they were fine, as I crossed my fingers. 

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »
are there any substances (opiates, etc) that one should make sure to be totally clear from to keep kambo as a safe experience or even let it do its thing optimally? from my readings, based on it's mechanism of action, it seems like it doesn't interact with anything particularly negative (unlike most powerful healing agents), but i'd like to confirm this? thanks :)

I used kambo while on opiates and had nothing but good experiences.  IME there are no contradictions with opiates, however we all differ in brain chemistry.  I am interested to see kambo's mechanism of action now that the opiates are out of my system.  I will do it in due time.

I had a beautiful experience while using poppy pods daily.  Peace and serenity following the purging that is indescribable.  I was also in the most serene of settings outdoors in the woods with large stones and rivers flowing.  It was one of the best feelings I had ever felt when I was hiking out of those woods.  If only it lasted forever.....ahhhh.

Offline Romanesco

• ₳ⱠⱠ ₳ⱤØɄ₦Đ
    ⱧɆ₳ⱠɆⱤ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
Oh I just posted something but this answer my question  :).
I have saved my stick for some time, using only a little bit nasally and I actually was at first in the morning, then I know I did mix it with iboga caps and voacanga snuff maybe nunu also, it was the most beautiful experience  ;D .
However with my snuff technic I inflate and am nauseous and feeling sick, but didn't purge orally, only had diarhea.
Then I would feel more at peace but still some blocage were there due to not letting go all the toxins I could evacuate.
So I thought to save the stick for later with a friend who knows how to work with kambo well.
Now I can't see him before september or end of august, and I know I need it to fix my stressful current life  :o .
So I might consider, doing it by my own here.

thank you.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:57:33 PM by Romanesco »

Offline mycotheologist

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 09:29:43 PM »
Do people with anxiety have any issues if they take kambo? Right now I'm having minor benzo withdrawals and I get these bouts of aggitation and anxiety every now and again but opioids seem to amplify these symptoms 10 fold. It happens a few hours after the opioids kick in. Opioids inhibit the release of GABA so my theory is that its the lack of GABA that causes it. I don't know how the kambo will interact with these mild withdrawal symptoms. They are pretty mild though so I'm fairly sure it won't kill me so I'll try it and report back here. I couldn't find any info on using kambo for benzo PAWS so I'm assuming few people have tried it yet.

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »
I am interested to hear about the results.

Offline KamboPulse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
Hi people,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to Kambo, I have been working wih this sacrament for a few years now and now offer it to other people.

I will be offering at a festival in the follwing days and will be recommending to not have taken any recreational substances 24h before Kambo and am prepared to turn people down depending on there condition, but am wondering if the above is still the case and that there are no substances that can react negatively and could be potentially dangerous with Kambo?

Many thanks and Viva Kambo
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:33:02 PM by KamboPulse »

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 06:43:05 PM »
I wouldn't say there are no substances that can cause contraindications at all. Though it's not really known. I would avoid kambo on people with heart conditions or people that take blood pressure meds or drugs that change heart rate a lot, specifically raise it.

Offline KamboPulse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 08:46:45 PM »
Yeah definitely wary on specific medications, heart conditions and a few other physical ailments and I'm hearing you say that recreational substances that raise heart beat say amphetamines for example could be dangerous. Thanks for the response and advice!