Author Topic: Heart contraindications?  (Read 9198 times)

Offline anu

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Heart contraindications?
« on: July 02, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »
I suffer from chronic anemia (low iron/red blood cell count), lasting around 19 years, which has had an impact on my heart. A normal hemoglobin for a woman my age is around 14-16. My last hemoglobin count was 8.3 or so, and this was after two blood transfusions. What was no doubt a result of some stupidity on my own part (about which I have beat myself up plenty and have no need for judgement of anyone else :) ) of combining a bit of a binge of medications that increase heart rate, followed by the leaf of a plant that is known to reduce heart rate within two days of stopping the former, several days later I wound up in the emergency room with near-congestive heart failure. The cause was unidentified (as I didn't go into detail about why it had happened, and my system had been clean from anything that would have shown up on a test for then two-weeks without) but definitely attributed to my anemia. My hemoglobin upon entering the ER was 6.2 (extremely low), my blood pressure, usually very much within the "normal" range for a person of my height/weight (5'3", 108), dropped to 50/30 (and this was by the time the EMTs got to me and got me hooked up- I'm sure it was lower when I had them called). That was when I received the blood transfusion- two bags (which brought my hemoglobin up into the 8s), and I refused a third due to severe needle phobia. I was told I was at near-congenital heart failure.

Fast forward a few months- even before this occurred I have been looking into shamanic medications/techniques for quite a long time (to help combat an addictive personality brought on by depression, anxiety, severe social anxiety, and some other potential Western medicinal labels applied to me- how I abhor some of Western medicine, combined with an urge to help others, recognizing I can't do crap to help others until I am healthy myself)- and I now find myself with the option of trying kambo. My body is free of harmful drugs, but my concern is my not-so-healthy heart. Even if my ER visit was strictly my own doings, the fact is that I have suffered from chronic anemia for 19 years, growing worse over time. Combine this with the fact that I get pretty much no exercise (something I'm working towards slowly) due to the fact that anything strenuous causes a severe shortage of breath and a burning in my legs (due to the anemia).

Being that experience reports show a definite impact on the heart and circulatory system, combined with the fact that the limited research done has shown a number of peptides in sapo/kambo that definitely have vasoactive properties, I am wondering- realizing the the majority of you, if not all, are not medical experts, nor will I take something a person says online with more than a grain of salt and ultimately come to my own decisions about this, how, in your opinions, would you proceed with this? I believe that due to the vasoactive properties, the medicine could actually benefit my conditions (and I'm thus considering using it on the Meridian point SP-6, related to gynecological disorders- the cause of my anemia, and other vascular/circulatory conditions).

I mentioned my height/weight: 5'3"/108lbs. I would ideally like to start with 3 spots for application, but am considering erring on the side of caution, though that is a low dose, and starting with one, then trying 3 dots.

Noting again that this is solely my decision, I am here to ask what YOU would do personally if you had the same medical history as I have presented. (Not what ~I~ should do, only what you would do if you had these issues.)

Thanks, and I plan to report back with my experience. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:15:19 PM by anu »

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
Re: Heart contraindications?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 05:41:16 PM »
I would apply 3 dots. You can always wash them off quickly if you feel in danger and a fresh shower will stop the effects of Kambò.
Let us know how it goes.
All the best.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:35:07 AM by caiano »

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41:32 PM »
I agree.

Offline anu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »
Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 04:30:42 AM »
also I would  make burns  about 2 mm diameter, not much larger.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:34:10 AM by caiano »

Offline darkstar01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 08:50:58 PM »
It's Congestive Heart Failure, not Congenital Heart Failure. :D

Offline darkstar01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 08:57:08 PM »
You should not be using Kambo with CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)... but if you must, from all that I have read you should use no more than 1-2 dots and I suggest being near a hospital or in a city where they have ambulances nearby.

Your also supposed to drink a LOT of fluids for days before actually taking the Kambo, which is not recommended for people with Congestive Heart Failure. It is actually advised against by most cardiologists.

You should avoid the RAPÉ it could also raise your blood pressure, and kill you.

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 04:12:54 PM »
Rapè was told to me to low the blood pressure
 :o !?!

in truth nicotine is a constrictor of blood vessels and tobacco helps very much to stop bleeding...

I think the effect on the whole body is to low the pressure, but locally, in the head, there is a vasoconstriction