Author Topic: Question of safety // Blood-brain barrier  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Ajayana

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Question of safety // Blood-brain barrier
« on: August 21, 2017, 03:30:48 AM »
Hey guys,
I am pretty new to Kambo, I have taken part in one ceremony until now and I've become really interested in this medicine.

I've got a question in regards to its safety, especially when it comes to the blood-brain barrier. My medical / anatomical knowledge is pretty limited at this point, but a little bit of google search resulted in this one:
The blood-brain barrier is a complex that surrounds most of the blood vessels in the brain. It acts as a barrier between the bloodstream and the extracellular space of the brain, allowing only certain substances like water, oxygen, and small lipid-soluble substances to easily cross from the blood into the brain. This prevents toxins, pathogens, and other potentially dangerous substances from crossing from the circulatory system into the brain.

Kambo is considered to contain peptides which open up this barrier, see e.g. Giovanni Lattanzi's paper
Phyllomedusin strongly affects intestines, bowels and contributes to deep purging.  Phyllokinin  and phyllomedusin are  potent  vessel  dilators,  increasing  the  permeability  of  the  blood-brain  barrier.

So my question is.. could the use of Kambo adversely result in the transmission of pathogens into the brain, that otherwise wouldn't be able to get there?
Especially in a situation when someone is attempting to fight a systematic infection in the body.. is Kambo safe in this regard?
Thanks for the input guys!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:32:39 AM by Ajayana »

Offline Reaniwy

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: Question of safety // Blood-brain barrier
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 01:54:38 AM »
Your website is a good web site. There are many useful information for us.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: Question of safety // Blood-brain barrier
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 06:21:44 AM »
Glad you enjoy it. A lot of thought has gone into it. =)