Author Topic: I did Kambo 3 days in a row and didn't purge. Did I receive any benefit?  (Read 4189 times)

Offline undercoverpriestess

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
On the first day I received 7 dots and purged two times and some yellow bile came up, but that was all. 
The second day I received 7 more dots, no purging. 
The third day the shaman added one more dot, so 8 dots, and no purging.

I drank a gallon of water on each day during the 15 minutes before my treatments and was told to continue drinking during the treatment.  I couldn't get any more water in my stomach at this point.  Without purging, I had a gallon of water in there already.

The shaman said that Kambo was still working, even though I wasn't purging, but after reading a little on this board, I'm wondering if that is true?  My body buzzed for hours after the treatments.  I slept for one hour after the first treatment and two+ hours immediately after the second and third treatment.  Those three Kambo treatments were extremely hard, but I stayed with it because of the benefits I'd read about.  It breaks my heart to think I did that for nothing.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
It's not for nothing, kambo definitely has benefits other than purging. We just concern ourselves with the idea that if one hasn't drank enough water, and has no form of purging like puking, shitting, sweating, perhaps even lots of burping, - that toxins may be pushed towards elimination channels from deep in the body and than reabsorbed.

^^I would not worry about this so much with the amount of water you drank and if you fasted for hours beforehand as well, that alone will be flushing your body.
A gallon of water is a lot, and 7-8 points is also a lot.

Don't worry about this. Allow yourself to feel good after the kambo and don't worry about it being all for nothing or contraindicatory.
Allow yourself to feel good, integrate the healing experience and continue on a path with kambo and/or healthy lifestyle and techniques.