Author Topic: New here, Kambo safety question  (Read 4426 times)

Offline anman

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
New here, Kambo safety question
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:03:53 PM »
Hi

I'm being called to Kambo as I feel it could help me with my physical struggles (lyme disease and other infections, candida etc.).

However, I want to make absolutely sure that I will not come to regret ever doing my first Kambo ceremony.
My concern is about the mental effects and safety of Kambo. Let me start by saying that I do not have any mental illness or take any prescription drugs. I am perfectly sane and strong-willed and determined to get well. But I do have some anxiety and depersonalization/derealization which was likely sparked by Cannabis as a teen and has re-appeared somewhat lately probably due to re-exposure to Cannabis or maybe just being anxious about the re-exposure.
Because of my experience with cannabis I always avoided psychedelics so I don't know how I tolerate them. My guess is if I'm so sensitive to cannabis probably psychedelics will not suit me well either. Therefore it really appeals to me that Kambo is not psychoactive! Supposedly it does not affect your mental state in any way? However, I've also read that people with "mental illness" should not do Kambo. And that made me wonder exactly why that is?  Are there any reported cases of prolonged/permanent mental harm from Kambo? Can it induce psychosis?

I guess I just want to know if having some anxiety issues like derealization/depersonalization should stop me from trying Kambo.

Thank you

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: New here, Kambo safety question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 08:55:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum anman! ~ 😃 ! ♡ ! ★ ~

I see no reason why you shouldn't be completely fine.

Supposedly it does not affect your mental state in any way?

No, it is not noticeably psychoactive. Kambo contains biologically active amino-acid peptides like dermorphin which is an extremely potent psychoactive opiate molecule, but it is not noticeable as far as a change in mental state, though it may help as an analgesic for issues that cause physical pain in the body. The amounts of it in kambo doses are not high enough to give a strong opiate type of psychological experience.

However, I've also read that people with "mental illness" should not do Kambo. And that made me wonder exactly why that is?  Are there any reported cases of prolonged/permanent mental harm from Kambo? Can it induce psychosis?

I can't see how it would trigger an inherent mental illness as psychedelics would, because as i said, it is not noticeably psychoactive. It can however cause anxiety and fear due to the intensity of the experience and physical effects. Kambo does have some psychological effects like making dreams more lucid. By deeply cleansing toxic substances from the body it lightens ones physical energetic state, increasing the frequency at which you resonate, and also seems to awaken the third eye. It also gives the experience or subtle  impression that kambo has a metaphysical spirit and guiding intelligence in some ways. It seems to intelligently target specific conditions which are most significant. Conscious intention while going into the experience will help with this. Ask kambo for help with what you need.

Hope this helps. On another note, entheogens at lower doses to start, may not trigger the same type of depersonalization and anxiety that cannabis tends to induce for you. Though they are completely capable of it. They can cause anxiety, nervousness / edginess but cannabis has a certain characteristic of inciting anxiety and paranoia in some people or those that don't have a lot of experience or a high tolerance to it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:03:51 PM by λlτεrηιτγ »