Author Topic: Hello! Herbalist from VT  (Read 3638 times)

Offline maywort

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Hello! Herbalist from VT
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:03:04 PM »
Hello everyone! 

I'm currently living, working, and studying in VT.  I have been immersed in the world of botanical medicine for about 12 years.  I ran an online shop offering interesting botanical products and such for about 8 years while living in VA.  I moved to NC and attended an herbal school and became involved in the primitive skills/living community in the Asheville area, where I deepened my knowledge of and connection to the natural world.  I'm currently in VT attending a clinical herbalism program to solidify my knowledge and prepare me for a formal practice offering health consultations. 

My own pursuit of healing has been a big motivating factor in my interest in holistic medicine.  I have been struggling with chronic digestive problems, fatigue, depression and self-esteem issues for way too long.  I have finally begun to make serious progress now that I'm bravely addressing the deep spiritual, emotional, and archetypal/mythical aspects of my health that I had been unconsciously doing everything I could to avoid for so long.  It has been a dramatic process, but all the missing pieces have been falling into my lap, and my heart has been opening wider and wider.  Long-stuck energy is finally flowing again, and shaking up old traumas that were cemented in place for far too long (scary stuff.)   I'd love to connect with other folks who are dealing with depression associated with trauma, digestive problems, lymph stagnation and fatigue.   I might be able to offer some helpful perspective.

Kambo keeps coming up for me.  I have a lot to learn, but I feel a strong intuition that this is going to be something important for my own healing, and maybe for my future practice. 

Well, I'm happy to be here!

May

PS - I'd love to hear from anyone in the USA that distributes kambo sticks that have been ethically sourced (frogs not harmed, indigenous people paid).

Offline Lakshmi

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! Herbalist from VT
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:28:56 PM »
Hi May,

I just wanted to say hi, your post resonated with me... I feel very close to the plant world, and the healing power of botanicals, and nature in general. I use a lot of flower essences, and find them very useful.
Anyway, I would suggest you try the Kambo first with someone that feels right, maybe before you try to get it yourself. It's nice to do it in a supported group of likeminded people. I live in California, and was shocked to find a Kambo practitioner practically in my back yard. : ) It kept coming up for me as well in very interesting, winding ways. As in one thing I read,
"Kambo finds you, you don't find it".. So true.
I find it very powerfully healing, and it works in many ways that are totally subtle and unexpected.
-Karey