Author Topic: Kambô in use with women on their period  (Read 7327 times)

Offline Kambô_journey

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Kambô in use with women on their period
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
I have read differing theories on women who are on their period using Kambô... Some say do not do it during menstruation. Others say "go easy." Does the vasodilation cause an increase in bleeding? Is there an increased chance of becoming more depleted of water-soluble vitamins? is the female body just not as accepting of the medicine during this time? If anyone can offer insight into this issue, I would appreciate it.

Cheers!
No matter who opens the door, you must enter it on your own.

Offline Burnmark

• View Profile
Re: Kambô in use with women on their period
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 03:56:06 PM »
I think my little knowledge of biology can come handy here.

All vasodilatants are a bad idea for women at times when it can interfere with menses (that's during the first 4 days of the period as well as 5 days before).  Kambo will be no different.   Also to be avoided are blood thinners, like Aspirin and Gingko Biloba.

If used the period itself will contain more blood than usual because more blood will have made it into the uterus (for the natural purpose of serving as food in case a baby was made).  That is not a real problem really.  The real issue is that vasodilatants or thinners being active DURING menstruation will contribute to more sever cramps, as they will lead more blood to be lost.

Let me make it clear that there's no cause for drama, however.   It's nothing so sever that a normally healthy woman can't overcome.  Loss of vitamins/minerals/iron won't be in serious quantities and can be easily recouped again by eating a normal diet.  Yet it's a good idea to avoid completely un-necessary stress on the reproductive organs.

Kambo is therefore best done any day as long as it's not 5 days before or within 4 days of a period.  Traditionally women get their points done just above the ankle.

Offline Kambô_journey

• View Profile
Re: Kambô in use with women on their period
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 09:29:31 PM »
Thanks, Burnmark.. I read about the vasodilation effect yesterday.. I figured that was the case most likely. I remembered being on vasodilators for headaches years ago, and it had a similar heaving effect. Oddly, my last Kambô application was 5 days prior to menses and I was much lighter this time. Go figure.

My Kambô has been applied to my right upper arm. I wanted it closer to my heart than to be on my leg. Plus, I've been a type 1 diabetic for 20 yrs, and even though I have no neuropathy, there's a possibility for decreased circulation in my legs.

I'm still really new to this, so I appreciate your response. Cheers!
No matter who opens the door, you must enter it on your own.