Author Topic: Do you like to grow?  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Elijah Phoenix

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Do you like to grow?
« on: June 21, 2014, 05:23:27 AM »
Happy First Day Of Summer Everybody!  Summer Solstice is upon us, and I've been reflecting upon the beauty and bountifulness of plants that we live in close relation with.  Plants are a part of nature I feel so intertwined with.  I imagine most people, if not all, here love and grow plants.  So what are some of your favorite plants and why?

Here's mine...

Morning glories (all kinds, especially I. volacea tricolor sisters, and I. alba moonflower). There are many entheogenic ones and are my absolute favorite flowers.  You can watch I. abla open its flower in real time.

Freesias - Plays tricks with your brain, now you smell me, now you don't.  Wtf awesomeness.

Cacti - Oh yes, one of my fav plant groups, I love the desert too.   Peruvian (Have some torches from Julio Icaros that are almost 2 yrs. Mexicans from elsewhere almost 2 as well.  And more Torches and Pedros outside. Cacti make me feel great and I love to be in their presence.

Tomatoes, Always such a delight to eat these fresh.

Other nocturnal moonplants like wormwood and fam, poppies, datura, brugmansia and many types that are solanaceous

Spices of all sorts, so many great healers in this category.

Well, I guess I love all plants and its hard to pinpoint all of them, lol, but the first two reign highest with me for flowers, and then cacti would be the next favorite plant group.

Some plants I want to get:

Peperomia's, let me know if you work with these!  They're used as an aya admixture and I'm confident they're very healing There's 1,000 species, one varietal is used as a substitute for cinnamon on the Canary Islands.  I wanna pick some up from Sacred Succulents and work with its spirit.

Banana Mint- Allegedly tastes and smells like candy banana .... Companion Plants (Great source for HBWR too, always fresh)

I would like work with the spirits of Khat and Eboka, this is a lifelong commitment with a least 5 years before fruits of labor can be enjoyed.  That's many a fruit trees for yah.