Author Topic: Hello Kambo  (Read 9093 times)

Offline holybark

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Hello Kambo
« on: June 19, 2014, 04:56:24 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am just a week away from my first session with Kambo, and I'm just starting to dig into this forum and all of its valuable resources.  I have experience with such healers as Bufo, Iboga, Changa, and Psilocybe, and I have had my eye on Kambo for quite some time now.  I will be given the medicine by one of my siblings whom is not familiar with the medicine.  I myself have little experience with it (I sat with someone who was given Kambo once while working in Mexico with Iboga).  I am currently amidst plenty of research on this medicine, but all the same, I would really appreciate any advice/pointers from people who are seasoned users/practitioners.  It is an honor to be a part of this forum, and I greatly appreciate the efforts of those dedicating their time to spreading info on this subject and building a community.  Many thanks to all of you.

-HB

Offline Elijah Phoenix

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Kambo
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:29:31 AM »
Hi Holybark, 

Welcome, I have only one session under my belt, but I would like to make the following recommendations:
-Adhere to a 12 hour fast from food and salt ( 6 hour minimum was recommended here )
-Ensure you are properly hydrated by drinking plenty of water/real fruit juice
-Prepare for what your post app diet will be, even if its not for a while, it helps having a plan
-When you do your burns, make sure you remove the top layer of skin to provide good access for the medicine
-Consider doing a 1 dot allergy test and waiting an hour to ensure a healthy response
-I also recommend avoiding application during a full moon (worst), or during moon being void of course (caution).  It's said new moon is the best time possible.

I found myself dreaming a lot on the evening of the app, a full spectrum of emotions seemed to be brought to the surface from the myriad of dreams experienced.  Perhaps no one person can tell you exactly what to expect, it is like many experiences, highly subjective, but this is especially personal and spiritual as well as ineffable.

I hope you have a wonderful first experience, and look forward to hearing about it.

Offline holybark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 04:29:31 PM »
That is very valuable advice Elijah, thank you!  My medicine will likely arrive this week, and I am very excited and nervous.  I will go first, then my sister will go afterwards.  We have planned out a week long diet of mung bean soup after the session.  If you don't mind me asking, where did you apply your burns?  Is it difficult to walk (in case one of us needs to make it to the toilet)?  Once again I really appreciate your input, and will definitely let you know how it goes.

Offline Elijah Phoenix

• ꀘ꒐ꇙꇙꏂ꒯ ꃳꌦ ꀘꋬꂵꃳꄲ
    (꒐ꋊ꒐꓄꒐ꋬ꓄ꏂ꒯)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 02:32:09 AM »
I had my girlfriend apply the burns to my upper right arm.  I have kind of a 5 point star/flower marking now.

Although I did not have any difficulty walking to the bathroom, I did my session at a table very close to the bathroom.  I kept a bucket for purging, next to me during the session, but having been able to walk, I decided to attempt a purge in my bathroom; just seems to be the inclination. 

I don't know that anyone would have difficulty walking, but it's possible.  Worst case scenario, you have a little cleanup to do. 

I would recommend spacing your turns by an hour so you're in pretty good shape to watch the next person; at least the first time so you can ascertain how you respond.  Keep in mind there will be a need to evacuate the bowels, perhaps several times.  Long after I thought everything was out, what I thought was some flatuence turned out not to be, and into the shower I went.  I had 6 bowel movements, the last 3 were totally liquid.

Good luck to both of you!!! I have my next session in less than a week, and I'm proud of my kambo marks and courage to meet this sacred frog and receive healing sacrament.

Offline holybark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 08:19:35 PM »
Wowee!!!  Just had my first experience with Kambo about 2 hours ago.  Decided to start with only 1 rather large dot on the right arm.  It started with a stinging on the burn, then a warm rush of blood up the back of my head.  Then my heart rate went up and my head was full of pressure.  My hands and arms started to fall asleep and vibrate, and my ears started to ring like I was on the verge of passing out.  I could feel where in my body the Kambo was working as it passed from head to toe.  It made it's way to my gut and I puked up about a liter and a half of yellow and black bile.  After about 15 very unpleasant minutes I was feeling better and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth (the taste in my mouth was like bitter acid).  Decided to hop in the shower, but the shower was immediately interrupted by the need to have diarrhea.  There was little to no fecal matter, almost all bile.  Afterwards I finished my shower.  I felt my spirits lifted and felt a calming presence within.  Still a very fresh experience.  What powerful medicine this is!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:16:30 PM by holybark »

Offline lightswitchedon

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 09:10:23 AM »
Hey there, you and I were in the Kambo realm at exactly the same time holybark!  I am glad your first experience with this medicine went so well.