Author Topic: Ember Vine  (Read 6002 times)

Offline GiantMonkeyTreeFrog

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
    • Kambo Community
Ember Vine
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:57:31 AM »

Many of the Kambo sticks that I received came with and applicator stick.  Whats so nice about these sticks, as compared to say, bamboo, is that they are natural, hold a really nice ember and I find that I can apply the burns very efficiently. After some googling, I am convinced that the native people call this 'ember vine' in their language.

I've been trying to convince some vendors to stock the application sticks as a separate product, but the inform me its hard to communicate with the tribes about this; perhaps they don't have a direct route in?

If anyone could help with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: Ember Vine
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »
Many things can be used.  Recently I was treated by someone that learned from the Yawanawa and he used a long stick from a relative of the Mesquite tree known as Prosopis pallida.  I can't imagine a better stick to use than this though as it was perfect.  The thing I do like about Bamboo though is unlike sticks and vines it doesn't spark on the skin which can be extremely painful.  Also I note that when he made the burns he painted them on therefore did not have to wipe the skin off afterwords.  This was something new I learned otherwise the techniques I have been using were IMO (and this will sound very egotistical) quite frankly superior too the indigenous techniques. 

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »
I used a bamboo chopstick for my last session which worked fine. It just has to be whittled down to the right diameter. 

Also I note that when he made the burns he painted them on therefore did not have to wipe the skin off afterwords. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Do you mean the dead burned skin was in a single solid piece from being bonded with a dot of paint?
and once burned came right off?

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »
Sorry for confusion.  No I just meant the way he applied it was by 'painting' it on, not just sticking the stick in, but more painting it on to remove the skin.  I will try to refind a Katukina video on how they do it. 

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 04:33:54 AM »
Oh, I saw that. I know what you're talking about. Thanks for the reminder tho as I've never used that method. I should try it.  :)