Author Topic: Fasting beforehand isn't necessary  (Read 12038 times)

Offline SapoVerde

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Fasting beforehand isn't necessary
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:42:01 AM »
I may be wrong, but in my experience eating before kambo is fine. I used to skip breakfast before doing kambo in the mornings, but recently I ate some bread for breakfast, then did kambo an hour later and I purged normally. Plenty of yellow liquid came up.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
Re: Fasting beforehand isn't necessary
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
It's still much better to fast beforehand, we are trying to remove bad stuff from our bodies and putting new stuff in that our immune system and antibodies have to check out and filter is contradictory. Not saying you have to fast for a full day or week, but just a couple hours. We need the passageways of the body opened up and flowing, hydrated without food absorbing your moisture, being digested and assimilated, and blocking energy flows. We want outward flow. Fasting is detoxifying as is the Kambo and it's a beneficial synergism. Being empty of food will also help make the purge process come easier.

People shouldn't fear fasting. it's very natural and beneficial for the body. and can be tolerated much better than most think.
It is most peoples addiction to food/carbs/sugar, ect. and the nutritional deficiency of the common western diet that keeps people always craving foods. It is better to relax the mind meditatively beforehand and try to get centered and ready for the Kambo experience.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:33:14 PM by PsilocybeChild »

Offline plantbuddhist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 06:14:03 PM »
Well, in my opinion, you are wrong. That is a very strong statement to make based on one experience with some bread.

Fasting enables you to fill the stomach with the water necessary to purge effectively. If someone had a lot of food in their stomach and/or intestines, then purging could be very unpleasant and even more so for those occasions when you purge from both ends. It could also make filling your stomach with water more difficult.

Fasting is a form of cleansing so you are cleaning out your body in preparation to receive the kambo. Some people go even further and do enemas before hand. All this helps the kambo get into your system without any physical obstacles in the way. The frog likes water (makes sense doesn't it?) so getting rid of as much food and waste in the body before hand just makes more sense to me.

I also feel that fasting is a sign of respect for the kambo but that is just my personal opinion - its what feels right to me.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:15:52 PM »
I also feel that fasting is a sign of respect for the kambo but that is just my personal opinion

I feel the same.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 08:42:43 PM »
IME the longer you fast the higher quality the experience.  In my practice if someone chooses not to abide by the simple rules I give of drinking at least a gallon of water and fasting for at least 6 hours, then they are not qualified to take the medicine. 

Thank you plantbuddhist and PsilocybeChild for your responsible posts!  On point. 

Offline plantbuddhist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »
So I woke up this morning tossing and turning with this fasting issue on my mind.

As the use of kambo spreads outside its traditional use in the jungle, we have to be careful to maintain the integrity of how it is used. We don't have the advantage of growing up with it and seeing how our elders respect the frog.

This is not something to be played with or taken casually. As non native users, we have a responsibility to not let kambo become a fad or another exotic thing to experiment with. We have a tendency in the west to be a little too casual with things.

Anyone taking kambo should reflect on their reason for doing it. What is your intention? That is really important to know before you take kambo.

I don't mean to preach but its like an alarm went off in my head, or more accurately, my body. I feel this in my bones, not with my head.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »
I appreciate this very much brother!  You speak with impeccability and wisdom and all should take note.  Still open for you to be a mod if and when your ready.  Your responsible nature is very much appreciated and valued here and at eboka.info. 

Offline GiantMonkeyTreeFrog

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
    • View Profile
    • Kambo Community
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 12:13:29 AM »
"In my practice if someone chooses not to abide by the simple rules I give of drinking at least a gallon of water and fasting for at least 6 hours, then they are not qualified to take the medicine.  "

I recently heard of some people doing Kambo 'dry', with no water prior to the application.  In my opinion this is is very dangerous; as the medicine needs the water, the medicine is fire/hot in the body and water acts as the balance; the carrier. 

I agree wholeheartedly with those that have expressed, a responsible approach.  If we respect the native practices, honor the medicine and try to help each other to work responsibly, we will 'heal' rather than do harm.

Offline Xochipilli

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 02:10:25 PM »
The past couple of times I applied to myself, I purged too soon, before all the bile and toxins had been released so I continued to vomit despite there being little or no liquid in my stomach which was unpleasant. In cases like that, you can just drink more water. Some people say that purging isn't necessary. That doesn't make any sense to me, I feel terrible before purging which would indicate that its the toxins released by the kambo that causes me to feel bad.

As for fasting, its necessary for the healing effects in my experience. Not just before, but I've come to the realisation that you need to fast afterwards, otherwise the symptom relief seems to come to an end. Namely, I've experienced lethargy coming back when I ate food within an hour after recovering from a kambo ceremony, whereas if I don't eat, I will be free of lethargy for the rest of the day. I see it as allowing the body to dedicate all its faculties to the healing process triggered by the kambo, whereas eating forces the body to dedicate some of these faculties to the digestion and metabolism of the food. Maybe its only certain types of food that should be avoided after the ceremony, such as foods that are difficult to digest or metabolise.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:22:45 PM by Xochipilli »

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 06:19:26 AM »
Well, Kambo puts me very in-touch.
I'm sure if you ate a bunch of cheese or doritos or something afterward you'd definitely feel shitty.
I enjoy and feel the need to eat after fasting/kambo. but I have a very fast metabolism.
Although of course extended fast would feel great too.
harder to endure after kambo i'd say, but i do 3-4 day long fasts seperate from kambo.