Author Topic: What is "hape"?  (Read 7580 times)

Offline SapoVerde

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
What is "hape"?
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:25:15 AM »
I recently obtained two different types of "hape". One is green and one is grey. The green one feels a little like nu-nu, but the grey one is different. It produces a serene, tranquil state without any of the mild nervousness that mapacho usually induces in me. Is hape another word for rape'? The green hapi is relatively free of the negative effects I get from nu-nu as well.

As far as I know, nu-nu is a mixture of mapacho and macamba. I suspect "hapi" contains some mapacho, but what would the other constituent(s) be?

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: What is "hape"?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »
The green is Apurina, very light in effects and from the fresh plant Nicotiana mutabilis.  Pronounced Hop-A (Rape') just means snuff.  The grey is likely of the Yawanawa make, with Tobacco and the ash from the high alkaline Tsune' tree.  Although it could be a variation (as recently many are mimicking the tribes production). 

I've currently have 8 varieties of snuff (Hop-A) and each one has different ingredients.  Too many variations to be able to answer that question without knowing which variety you are talking about.  I believe (but can't say for sure) that the tribes don't use Mapacho (Nicotiana rustica) which is wild, but instead cultivate Nicotiana tabacum.