Furthering Jox's Experiments With Kambo as a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment
As Jox has explained, Jox found that kambo dramatically improved his chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms (you can read Jox's account of his kambo treatment for CFS here
I wanted to see if taking pure dermorphin
— one of the opioid compounds found in kambo — would have similar beneficial effects as a treatment for my own CFS (I have had chronic fatigue syndrome now for 8 years).My thread here
) fully details my experience and methodology using pure pharmaceutical grade dermorphin
as an experiment to treat my CFS. A summary of my experience is as follows.Brief Summary of My Dermorphin Experience
I took a dose of 100 micrograms (mcg) of dermorphin intranasally, by snorting dermorphin powder which I had carefully diluted down 250:1 with a second inert powder.
Interestingly, there were virtually no physical or mental effects whatsoever arising in the period immediately following this 100 mcg dose of dermorphin (unlike kambo, which as we know, induces profuse vomiting, diarrhea and significant tachycardia minutes after taking it).
However, very noticeable effects did appear in the 3 days that followed my single dermorphin dose. These effects were: Effects of a Single 100 Microgram Dermorphin Dose on my CFS Symptoms:Positive Effects
• My chronic inflammatory sinusitis disappeared.
• The constant sense of inflammation in my brain and head disappeared.
• Chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms such as the brain fog (mental confusion), sensory hypersensitivity (the horrible autism-like over-sensitivity to sounds, light, etc) were noticeably improved.
• My energy levels increased, but this was just a mild increase.
• My generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) symptoms disappeared (I have GAD as a comorbid condition with my chronic fatigue syndrome).
• A large patch of psoriasis I had on my leg for years substantially cleared up around 24 hours after taking the dermorphin, which was quite remarkable.
• After taking dermorphin my constantly cold hands and feet (bad blood circulation and vasoconstriction) became warm. So dermorphin seemed to temporarily improve my blood circulation, though this only lasted a day or so.Negative effects from taking dermorphin
• In the 3 days following my single dermorphin dose, I felt emotionally and intellectually a little "flat", especially the first day after taking dermorphin, but this mental flatness slowly wore off as the days went by. By contrast, all the positive effects of dermorphin seemed to actually increase as the days progressed.
• Some mild insomnia.
So for the first three days after taking this single 100 microgram dose of dermorphin, things were going quite well, and many of CFS symptoms were noticeably improved.However, on the forth day after taking dermorphin things turned bad
, as I developed a state of mild psychosis, with severe emotional flatness, which was very disorienting. I have experienced days with mild psychosis symptoms before (I have anxiety disorder, and mild anxiety psychosis is not uncommon in people with anxiety disorder). However, I had not had an anxiety psychosis attack for a long time, and dermorphin seemed to bring this anxiety psychosis back.
On the fifth day after taking dermorphin, most of these mild psychosis effects disappeared, and I was back to normal. But the good effects of dermorphin on my CFS also wore off by the fifth day, so it was back to square one at that point.
So the effects, both good and bad, of a single 100 mcg intranasal dose of dermorphin seem to last for around 4 days.
The unpleasant anxiety psychosis experience on the forth day was off-putting, and the general emotional flatness symptoms of dermorphin were not so nice. Though I think this bad experience may just be something particular to me, as I have had some mild psychosis symptoms before, due to my anxiety disorder, and I also suffer from a bit of anhedonia and emotional flatness in general. So these negative effects of dermorphin probably will not manifest in other people; they are probably just peculiar to me
So all in all, pure dermorphin may be a viable means of treating chronic fatigue syndrome for many people.
Dermorphin has the advantage of much easier administration than kambo: you can easily snort dermorphin, thus no skin burns are required; there is no nasal irritation at all during or after snorting dermorphin (unlike kambo, which is irritating to the nasal mucosa); and there are no adverse physical or mental effects at all when you take dermorphin — you don't really feel anything when you take a dose of 100 mcg of dermorphin (the beneficial effects of dermorphin on CFS only appear on the next and subsequent days). Note
Note that dermorphin can cause fatal overdoses
in microgram amounts, so you need to know what you are doing before experimenting with pure dermorphin, and you need to be able to measure out minute microgram doses very accurately, else you may accidentally kill yourself through overdosing.
Intranasal doses of around 500 mcg dermorphin have been used recreationally, and these higher dose levels apparently do have psychoactive effects. Doses above 1000 mcg will likely prove fatal (remember, dermorphin is an opioid like morphine and heroin, and the lethal dose is not that much higher than the therapeutic dose).Note also that dermorphin is a compound untested and unlicensed for human use. Chemical laboratories that sell dermorphin do so on the understanding that it is not to be used for human consumption or for human research. Thus the details given here are for information purposes only, and I do not advise anyone to do what I did. That is my disclaimer.