Author Topic: First self administering.. Didn't go as planned. Advice much appreciated!  (Read 7728 times)

Offline Ajayana

• Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
All right guys, here is a report for my first attempt at self administering Kambo.
Please stick along cause I have some questions!

So it's a big of an introduction as well I suppose :)
So I have contacted some sort of mistery illness 2 months ago or so, I spent quite some time and money on doctors and they are still unable to tell me what's up. This is not the end of the road - as I have some more checks coming up - but 1 month in I had the chance of doing a Kambo ceremony, held by a practicioner who took his job pretty seriously, connected it with the shamanistic traditions, etc.
The experience was very powerful, I remember the moment he applied the first bit of kambo on my arm, my blood started rushing in, my face started swelling up, my fingertips got electric, etc, all the good stuff. Then he went on and applied 5 more, and I had a really powerful cleanse. I had my intention on spot, the medicine was powerful and he was doing a great job singing an icaro and such.
I was charged up afterwards.. mentally I got lifted, and physically I had noticed an improvement in my symptoms.
The very experience was super phyisical, blood was washing through my entire body.. my lymph nodes the day after were slightly swollen, and I am convinced it was helping me in the process of healing.
So that was a month ago.. ever since I ordered some Kambo online, thinking it's still way more affordable, than paying for the "pros".
Now, got the stick from waking herbs, I fasted 18 hours or so, meditated, prepared myself..
...and made four dots with the vine thing that came with it. It wasn't as thick as the ones I have gotten. In the meantime I made my "globules".. or an attempt for making them you could say. Not having any experience I was keeping in mind it should have the consistency of "mustard", as I read in Peter Gorman's epic. I was kinda messing with them for a while, not knowing what is too little / too much. Then I got these goo-balls, and I think they were too dry.
Anyway, the moment I placed one on my sp6 -es (somewhere by your ankles) I could kinda feel something coming over me, "hurry, hurry!" I thought, but somehow these things (to stick to the truth I wont call them balls) were maybe a bit dry? And drifting all over the place. I used my own saliva due to to enzymes for mixing btw.
So there was a big messing around with this.. then I couldn't really feel it, I took them down, mixed in more saliva.. then I could feel my heat rising, fingers getting electric.. but this didn't last long either. Like those early 1910' aviation experiments, where they are keep trying to take off with those low tech aeroplanes, but were keep crashing somehow.
After waiting some minutes I have gotten a bit frustrated by this, burned three new marks on my chest and reshaped the kambo into actual balls. Then again.. my body started heating up.. getting a bit of a sensation, and then.. nothing again.

Actually I managed to purge (or puke at least) like 5-6 "units of vomit" sometime during when kambo was placed on my leg, but I do not feel it was much of an actual purge. I didn't feel my body working hard and collecting dead cells / toxins etc.
Way more like.. "ey, we got too much water in here... ok, out!".

So my question is... what is your take, what went wrong?
Clearly I am an utter rookie at this, so I screwed up much of it, but I kinda wonder.. regardless, shouldn't I have experienced more? May the kambo I bought just be weak? I was even spraying the globules to kick in. How fast do they "expire?"

I was lightyears away from the frog face I feel like, while during the actual ritual I could hardly speak.. the whole experience was like 5 minutes, while at the ritual at least 25.. I was puking, sweating, crying, and so on.

I will have another go tomorrow or the day after.. bigger holes.. better placement maybe, a bit less amateurism. Let's see.
If anyone interested I can attach a photo of my Kambo stick.
Feedback much appreciated!

Offline Ben

• View Profile
Re: First self administering.. Didn't go as planned. Advice much appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:20:51 AM »
Hi,

Did you get this Kambo to work for you?

I am basically the exactly same situation. Tried my first application of Kambo today and it didn't really do anything. My skin went a bit blotchy and I felt myself start to warm up a little bit and then within a minute it was over. I tried 8 points in the end and that was all I got.

Here's the thing though - I also purchased my Kambo from Waking Herbs -so I am wondering if its something dodgy with their Kambo or perhaps this current batch? I was wondering if there was something I'm doing wrong but after reading your message it's got me wondering if its the supplier that's the problem.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:57:11 AM »
Are you guys applying fast enough. Spray the stick and work them into balls.
Make sure the top layer skin is peeled and the burns are of adequate size.
The kambo should be able to find its way in. Perhaps mist once at culmination of purge.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:18:10 PM by λlτεrηιτγ »

Offline Ajayana

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 10:51:41 AM »
Hi,

Did you get this Kambo to work for you?

Hey Ben, no, I didn't push my Kambo further than that. This dose did do something, it has modulated my immune system I feel (just like the first one), but it has actually made things worse for me, and this is a word of advice for anyone seeking to experiment with it without a proper teacher / kambo source, etc.
My situation might be rather special, and both my application and source of kambo is somewhat dubious, but it's worth noting:
my right calf got swollen and badly bruised a couple of days after kambo, and so did my forearms.. they were super tight and hurt like hell for days. At one point my heart was hurting too, etc. etc. It was not good. It took a week for the inflammation to go down.
You could say it's the "first it's gotta get worse, then it will get better" principle in practice.. that's not quite how I felt.
I think my condition is partially autoimmune related and I feel Kambo has actually boosted my system against myself. No proof, scientific data, etc. etc. All just first hand "naive" experience.
Now I have resprect and faith in Kambo, but self administration at this point is certainly not the way to go for me.
I am not advocating against the usage or experimentation of kambo at all, all I'm noting is that it's not universally all "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..".
We have pretty limited research data on what it is and what it does.. and the same goes for my condition at the moment.
When you have so many uncontrolled variables, well, things might take an unexpected turn.

What about you Ben, any luck with the stick?

Offline Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:57:49 PM »

No, I tried again today. Similar to last time. I did 3 points and didn't get anything but brief increase in heart speed and blotchy skin (lasting about a minute) This time I used a mist bottle to keep it moist. I also tried laying a moist paper towel over the points and pressing down on the kambo. I tried turning the kambo over and working it in all sorts of ways. I then applied fresh balls of kambo. But still couldn't get any significant effect.

The kambo should be able to find its way in. Perhaps mist once at culmination of purge.

I honestly can't see what I could be doing wrong. Have you ever come across "weak" batches of kambo or heard of it happening from time to time?

Offline Ajayana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 04:35:41 AM »

No, I tried again today. Similar to last time. I did 3 points and didn't get anything but brief increase in heart speed and blotchy skin (lasting about a minute) This time I used a mist bottle to keep it moist. I also tried laying a moist paper towel over the points and pressing down on the kambo. I tried turning the kambo over and working it in all sorts of ways. I then applied fresh balls of kambo. But still couldn't get any significant effect.

I honestly can't see what I could be doing wrong. Have you ever come across "weak" batches of kambo or heard of it happening from time to time?

Next time you try it, go ahead and make the globules from the opposite end of the kambo stick. I rad if they "cheese" a frog improperly / too long, one side / some of the kambo can be significantly weaker.

Offline Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 05:34:24 AM »
Next time you try it, go ahead and make the globules from the opposite end of the kambo stick. I rad if they "cheese" a frog improperly / too long, one side / some of the kambo can be significantly weaker.

Ok, will do, thanks for the tip.

Offline Ajayana

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 09:24:39 AM »

Ok, will do, thanks for the tip.
Let me know how it goes¤
They say if you catch the frogs improperly by touching them too soon, instead of carrying them on a tree branch for example, they can excrete the powerful juices way before the collection could happen. This can result in way less potent sticks. Also, a good one consists of how many.. 4-5 different frog excretions? So yeah, there are certainly ways to screw up the collection of Kambo.