Author Topic: Fainting  (Read 13040 times)

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Fainting
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »
About 1 in 4 (from the 40+ people I have treated) show symptoms of fainting.  While this may seem to be no big deal, it can look rather alarming to see someones eyes role to the back of their head 5-10 minutes into ceremony.  In general it always seem to occur 5-10 minutes after the last dot is applied.  For me I always try and keep them "awake", to better facilitate purging.  My theory (no offense) is that the fainting is the subconscious trying to get out of facing the pain.  I really emphasize going straight at the pain and facing it full frontal to get maximum benefits from the frog.

Ways to prevent the person from fainting:
#1 Slap their hands front and back (hard)
#2 Press hard on their meridian directly below their nose.
#3 Loudly tell them "Awake", "Awake".

as a final measure can lightly slap their cheeks.  Those that are fainters will attempt to do so for at least 5 minutes so it is wise to stay very diligent once they show signs of fainting. 

-Interested in theories if people see benefits in fainting.  One person I recently kept from fainting insisted she was about to enter into a place, and it made me wonder if I should have let her faint. 

plantbuddhist

Re: Fainting
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »
Well, when I fainted during my 2nd kambo, I certainly didn't feel like I was avoiding pain. I was just going with whatever I was experiencing (which at the time was increasing heat in my head) and I was OK with that but then I found myself zoning out and bam, I fainted. I think it my case, it was simply that the kambo lowered my blood pressure to the point where I fainted.

Offline Xochipilli

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 01:00:21 AM »
Giovanni says its not uncommon for people to faint on it. He thought I was about to faint at one point, it was about 10 minutes after he applied to my upper arm (in my experience it comes on rapidly when applied there) and my pulse and temperature started rising rapidly and I was sweating profusely. The only time I've come close to losing consciousness was when I stood up to walk to the bathroom to purge after the peak. Got that sudden light headedness and loss of eye sight that happens when you stand up too quickly when you have low blood pressure. I don't think low blood pressure can cause one to faint while sitting down though.

I'm fascinated by this fainting phenomenon and would like to experience it myself. Do people dream when they faint during kambo?

Well, when I fainted during my 2nd kambo, I certainly didn't feel like I was avoiding pain. I was just going with whatever I was experiencing (which at the time was increasing heat in my head) and I was OK with that but then I found myself zoning out and bam, I fainted. I think it my case, it was simply that the kambo lowered my blood pressure to the point where I fainted.
Yeah maybe it is caused by low blood pressure. If I need to move somewhere during a kambo session, I usually have to crawl rather than walk because my blood pressure is so low, I lose my eye sight when I stand up. Do you remember dreaming you were out?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:27:36 AM by Xochipilli »

plantbuddhist

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »
You can faint while sitting down, its much harder for that to happen than if you were sitting but if your bp drops sufficiently, your lights will go out regardless of what position you're in (may not happen if you're lying down though). I've seen people faint sitting down while having blood drawn.

I was only out for about 30 secs and don't remember a thing, just waking up and wondering why the bucket was between my feet and why my face had sweat pouring down it.

Offline ―λlτεrηιτγ-

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
  • Herbalism & Kambo
    • View Profile
    • https://Kambo.me
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:53:21 AM »
You could also get a tincture of Cayenne pepper and squirt some in their mouth. This will prevent anyone from passing out lol. but seriously.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:01:56 AM by Psilocybechild »

Offline Xochipilli

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »
My experience contradicts your theory. I applied to someone who is rock solid when it comes to facing suffering. He said the experience wasn't all that bad, but he was on the verge of fainting at one point. What I'm wondering now, is would it be best to let the person faint, or to keep them awake.

PsikocybeChild: Excellent suggestion. Another approach would be to apply a pain inducing tincture to the burn marks. I have some pure menthol (crystals), and rubbing a little bit of it in an open wound (such as a burn) causes an intense stinging and cold sensation that should keep anyone awake. One should be mighty careful with menthol though, a tiny amount is all thats needed. I've rubbed my forehead a couple of times after handling it, and experienced a severe burning/cold sensation of the forehead for some reason.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:32:30 AM by Xochipilli »

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 09:56:48 AM »
Lately I've been letting them faint. 

Offline Galega

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
  • Kambo Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
I think fainting is just blood pressure - I've always let people faint - usually when they're on the floor, their blood pressure rises and they come round. Most people are not even aware that they fainted and many say that they didn't - that they could hear everything going on around them.

The only time I rouse people is if I think they're going past the window of opportunity for purging - then I'll get them to sit up and purge - palo santo, rape', rattle work, warm water - whatever it takes!

Offline darkstar01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
I know its an old post, but what if the person regularly eats ghost peppers? lol.

Offline strider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 03:08:36 PM »
Letting faint or not ?
Instinctively I would say yes...  do not interfere with nature unless there is a good reason you know of.
I agree with my shaman that the kambo may need the person to pass out as to be able to perform healing.
Maybe the person travels...  I heard that to happen as well.
Does anybody know of anybody who had negative consequences due to the fainting ? 
Just make sure the bucket is in a secure place ;-)
I believe the best answer is to be found with the indigenous people.  What do they do ?

Offline KQ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 06:40:08 AM »
I´ve fainted during sessions before. I think it is due to the low blood pressure. First time I fainted, I got up from sitting down, and started walking. Apparently my eyes had started to roll to the back of my head as I got up, but I "woke" up several meters from where I was sitting. I woke up because the kambo was removed from my arm. Which is not a good idea. The consequence was that I was feeling horrible for almost ten hours, not able to stand or practically move. Throwing up every hour or so. I think the guy who applied it to me was very inexperienced, especially in this area. Something was just slightly off.
I recently went to another ceremony, where a guy fainted. This time with a more experienced practitioner, who simply held her hand on his forehead, and one arm on is back, leaning him slightly forward, and he was purging while being "unconscious", before he eventually came back to himself. Thereby still letting the kambo do its job, and not interrupting the process. Within an hour after application, he was good to go.
What happened to me during this ceremony, I was on the verge of fainting I guess. I remember embracing the "pain". I didn´t pass out, but what happened is that I lost my sight, and couldn´t see anything. Apparently I lost the color in my face, and was looking around the room disoriented. She placed her hand on my forehead, and I told her I lost my sight.
After a couple of minutes I was "back", though my vision was slightly disturbed for maybe 20 more minutes or so.
She also mentioned that fainting could be the bodies way of "escaping".. Whatever perspective you have on the reasons behind, I don´t think fainting is a bad thing, and obviously it´s possible to purge while unconscious.