Author Topic: XXX large report  (Read 39814 times)

Offline Jox

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
Re: XXX large report
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »
Hi Hip,

thank you to attributing to the conversation, I have hard time finding anyone on CFS/FM forums to be interested in treatments that are helping me so much.

You are right:
Am I right in understanding that, with your kambo treatment, you changed from being a bedbound CFS patient, that presumably was too deeply fatigued to get out of bed for most of the day, to a much healthier person that was able to go out of the house, and go about their normal daily business with only relatively minor symptoms and relatively minor fatigue levels?

Is that a fair and correct description of the improvements you attained from kambo?

Yes, this is right. and I was not aware of this compound, I will do some more research on it. Yet it sounds like a dangerous drug, next to Kambo that so far has been totally safe in my case.

But I will ask you another thing. There is another benefit in doing Kambo + Banisteriopsis caapi, not at the same time though, first Kambo, then 2 days later, 100mg of Aya (no huasca).

What happened next was that I had spontaneous naps of 2 hours... This has been even more surprise to me. I could bring down my prescription sleep medications... Unfortunately, I have $ for the moment, but soon I will investigate this strange thing that happens. In my case I haven't been able to get any sleep of any kind without the medicine, in past 20 years, so this is even more revolutionary thing.

If you have any thoughts on this it will be appreciated, In this case however I would be interested to take MAOI, as prescritpion meds... since Aya is just a little to laborious to microdose, and expansive, yet for now I will stick to it.

btw, have you tried Kambo for CFS?

take care Jox

Offline Hip

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 05:49:06 AM »
Hi Hip,

I have hard time finding anyone on CFS/FM forums to be interested in treatments that are helping me so much.

I find your kambo treatment for CFS very interesting, Jox, and I definitely want to try this treatment myself. The only thing is I am a little apprehensive about doing the full kambo trip, which seems to be an intense experience. But I had an idea that I could try snorting just smaller amounts of kambo each day, rather than take the full kambo dose every week. Perhaps smaller but more frequent kambo doses might be equally effective? That was my idea, anyway.

I already took one small dose of kambo, snorting it into my nose, and within one or two minutes, I experience a mini kambo trip, which included lots of fast heart beats and bright red flushed skin lasting for about 5 or 10 minutes, but no vomiting or diarrhea at all. My nose was a little sore afterwards, because I think kambo irritates the mucous membranes in the nose. Recently, though, KP posted some information that snorting kambo can lead to what the Indians call "frog's disease", so now I am not so sure if snorting is such a good idea.

But I will ask you another thing. There is another benefit in doing Kambo + Banisteriopsis caapi, not at the same time though, first Kambo, then 2 days later, 100mg of Aya (no huasca).

What happened next was that I had spontaneous naps of 2 hours... This has been even more surprise to me. I could bring down my prescription sleep medications... Unfortunately, I have $ for the moment, but soon I will investigate this strange thing that happens. In my case I haven't been able to get any sleep of any kind without the medicine, in past 20 years, so this is even more revolutionary thing.

If you have any thoughts on this it will be appreciated, In this case however I would be interested to take MAOI, as prescritpion meds... since Aya is just a little to laborious to microdose, and expansive, yet for now I will stick to it.

Sounds like you have had more than one miracle!

I think I know why Banisteriopsis caapi gave you a nice sleep: in Banisteriopsis caapi there are three psychoactive substances that go by the names of harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine. These three are all MAOIs, but more importantly, they are also all classed as harmala alkaloids, and harmala alkaloids are sleep inducers.

Banisteriopsis caapi is not the only plant that contains these three harmala alkaloids, Syrian rue seeds also contains them, so Syrian rue seeds might work for inducing a nice sleep too. In both cases, you have to follow a low tyramine diet before you take these plants, as I am sure you know, otherwise bad things can happen.

To quote this paper: "The most significant harmala alkaloid in Syrian Rue is harmaline. This extract has been of interest primarily for its use as a mild sleep-inducer. It has been postulated that harmala alkaloids have pharmaceutical significance as potential sleep inducers."

You can actually buy concentrated extracts or tinctures of harmaline, which should make it more convenient for you. See here: 1, 2, 3.

I hope that is of some help.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:54:04 AM by Hip »

Offline Jox

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
Hi Hip,

actually, it is not Caapi alone, or Kambo alone, it has to be Kambo with Caapi, yet not at the same time. If it is close together actually they interact in the wrong way, it makes me actually not able to sleep even with meds.

My protocol is: Kambo by burns, 3 days later Caapi 100g, then I have spontaneous naps for a week, (yet at night I could bring down the meds, but I still had to take them). I have tried it two times, and it worked both times the same way.  What is your opinion?

I have great illusion that it may will do miracles. I think we, CFS/FM have the right to have dreams...lol...

I think the burns are not so much of the big deal. I can guide you through. Strong treatments are actually good. What are your worries regarding the burns?

take care Jox

Offline Hip

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
That 2 day kambo + Banisteriopsis caapi combination you take would be difficult to figure out. Goodness knows what is going on biochemically!

I take it you've tried melatonin for sleep.

I was using melatonin a lot at one stage. In general, my whole sleep cycle has gone crazy with my CFS; some times I am wide awake all night until dawn, and then sleep during the day. Then other times my sleep pattern changes, and I sleep during the night again. Some days I have insomnia, other days I sleep 16 hours straight. I am sure you must have the same type of craziness going on with sleep.

Has your sleep got better from the kambo treatment?

Did your other CFS symptoms improve from kambo too? Typical CFS symptoms are: memory problems and forgetfulness, brain fog, noise or light sensitivity, anxiety/depression. Did you have these, and if so, did these symptoms all improve or disappear on kambo?

I think you have made a remarkable discovery with this kambo treatment for CFS. If it works for other CFS patients too, it could be something of a major breakthrough.

I am a little wary about the full kambo trip. I get lots of anxiety disorder symptoms anyway as part of my CFS, so that leaves me in a bit of a nervous disposition sometimes. But I guess after you have done the kambo trip once or twice, you get used to it.

About the burns: it seems that you will have quite a lot of them after a while. I understand that you need to make around 5 little cigarette-sized burns for each kambo session you do. So if you do one kambo session per week, that gives 5 x 52 = 260 burns for the whole year! I guess that the old burns start disappearing after a few months (though I find that my wounds heal very slowly since getting CFS). 

Incidentally, when you first started taking kambo, how long did it take before you started feeling better, and your CFS symptoms started going? From what I read  in your threads, it was a matter of a week or two. Is that right? Did you go from bedbound to heathy in a week or so?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:33:40 AM by Hip »

Offline Jox

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
Hip, and all I made a new thread, I think large threads are hard to read, so here it goes:

http://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=218.0

Jox