Author Topic: The Book to Get...  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
The Book to Get...
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »
This book Giovanni Lattanzi recommended to me above all else for auriculotherapy treatments.  I just placed my order.
In a nerdy sort of way I think it would be neat if a bunch of us got a copy and started our own little study group.  Who knows?  That's my direction.  In my second year of getting my Kambo degree. 

Modern Chinese Ear Acupuncture: by Ping Chen

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Chinese-Acupuncture-Ping-Chen/dp/0912111704/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345084601&sr=1-1&keywords=Modern+Chinese+Ear+Acupuncture%27+by+Ping+Chen

This useful and well-organized text precisely lays out the indications and applications for ear acupuncture, the characteristics of point selection, and the principles of prescription formation. Using charts, it describes anatomical areas and points on the external anterior and posterior surface of the ear. Each is identified with an English name and the international standard nomenclature for point reference. The book also lays out the distribution patterns and classification, and standard names, locations, and indications for roughly 87 ear points. It covers the theoretical basis for and methods of ear diagnosis, including inspection, palpation, and electrical detection and delineates diagnostic indicators for 100 commonly seen internal and external diseases. OB/GYN diseases, dermal diseases, and EENT disorders.

It outlines a variety of therapeutic methods, such as seed acupressure, filiform needling, intradermal needle implantation, electroacupuncture, plum blossom needling, bloodletting, medicine injection, ear moxibustion, ear massage, medicated plasters, and magnet therapy. There is an extensive section dealing with treatments for more than 132 common disorders. Each includes a treatment prescription (primary and supplementary points), therapeutic methods (selected according to appropriate indications), and clinical notes. Case studies with commentaries, from the clinical records of Dr. Yang Yun Bi, a physician at Huang Shan Medical School in Anhui Province, PRC, are included where they correspond to the disorders presented.

Offline GiantMonkeyTreeFrog

• ꀘꍏꂵꌃꂦ ꉣꋪꍏꉓ꓄ꀤ꓄ꀤꂦꈤꍟꋪ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
    • Kambo Community
Re: The Book to Get...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:41:33 PM »

Interesting dichotomy...

We give Kambo on an empty stomach and yet the books mentioned says in the section of contraindications (page 8):

"Ear acupuncture should not be performed if a patient has an empty stomach..."

Any thoughts?

Offline Galega

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
  • Kambo Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: The Book to Get...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
Auricular Kambo and Ear Acupuncture are different - Kambo's need not to encounter food in the stomach is paramount.

This is my favourite ear book:

AURICULAR THERAPY: A COMPREHENSIVE TEXT Auricular phases, frequencies, and blockages Bryan L. Frank, M.D. and Nader E. Soliman, M.D.

I have Ping Chen's book too but I find this one far more practical and easier to use.