Author Topic: How to apply via the burning method  (Read 17376 times)

Offline mycotheologist

• ᵁˢᵉ ᴷᵃᵐᵇᵒ ᵃˢ ᵃ ˢᵃᶜʳᵃᵐᵉⁿᵗ
    ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
  • Called by the medicine(s)
    • View Profile
How to apply via the burning method
« on: August 12, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
I heard in the Kambos Kiss radio interview that the way they do it in the jungle is they use a vine thats a lot like incense to make the burns. Would incense itself work or do you need something that burns hotter? How do you know if the burn is sufficient? In this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKH1O7y8WXA
after the shaman burns his arm, he picks at the burns with his fingers. The English guy says "he opened a wound". Is the idea there to pick off some of the layers of skin?

Secondly, I'm wondering how to apply kambo sticks. In that video, it looks like they put the venom (its solid and white so I'm guessing its mixed with something) on the end of a knife and apply it so it sticks to the burns. For my first time, I will be using a kambo stick though. Do I need to wet the stick or the burn so that some of the kambo can dissolve? I have not yet seen one of these kambo sticks but I'm wondering how to gauge the amount one applies with one of these sticks.

Offline Kambogahuasca Panacea

• A̷d̷m̷i̷n̷i̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷o̷r̷
  • ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
Re: How to apply via the burning method
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »
Use Bamboo skewer type of instruments from an asian store and whittle it down until it is about 5 times the size of japanese incense or twice the size of nag champa incense. 

You need to wet the stick, I use spray water but you could also use drops of water.  Put around 7-10 drops of water on  there for each 3-5 dots that you are attempting to get.  Must use the sharp little knife quite a bit scraping and scraping until after 2-3 minutes the Kambo will decide on it's own to form into perfect dots.  It has an inteligence all it's own, you only need to be on auto pilot. 

The amount is the size of your dot basically a little larger than a standard match stick. 

You know the burn is sufficient if your able to peel the skin off and see clearly where you did the burn and removal of ALL DEAD SKIN. The biggest mistake people make is not to properly remove the burnt dead skin.  Be thorough.  Use fingernails first to remove, follow with a wet towel. 

Pick off ALL THE DEAD LAYERS. 

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:04:20 AM »
Thanks a lot. I'm not familiar with Japanese incense but I'm guessing I should carve the bamboo stick down to around 5 mm in diameter. Using a bamboo stick of a specific diameter should remove most of the variables I was concerned about. What I mean is that bamboo should burn at a specific temperature so if you heat it until the tip is glowing red, then press it into the skin and allow the skin to fully quench the heat, then the intensity of the burns should be more or less the same each time so then it all comes down to how much kambo is applied. By adding the same amount of water each time, one should be able to hold the amount of medicine per dot constant.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. 

Offline caiano

• ɢʟօɮǟʟ
    ʍօɖɛʀǟȶօʀ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:10:18 AM »
If somebody feels the dose is not enough, instead to make another burn one may moisten the already existing dots with his\her saliva, because the globes tend to dry quickly.

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »
So true brother^
I always spray the dots with water directly after application then every 3-5 minutes after words until satisfaction is reached.  Will have to make a thread on this as it is ultra important, IMO.

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
Thanks caiano, I'll remember that. I wonder if there are other solvents that work better than water. For example, ethanol and isopropanol have very low toxicity so they're worth experimenting with. I know from experience that there are many compounds that easily dissolve in alcohols but don't easily dissolve in water and vice versa so maybe a mixture of alcohol and water (such as vodka or diluted rubbing alcohol) would be even more effective. Since this medicine comes from frogs, I think its worth experimenting with variables and try and find even more effective delivery methods. This will contribute to protecting the frogs (since more effective delivery methods means less of the medicine is needed to perform the healing). I know they aren't harmed in the process of obtaining the medicine from them but it probably takes them time to recuperate.

Offline mycotheologist

ᵒⁿ ᴿᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ᴮᵃˢⁱˢ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
Kambogahuasca Panacea: You described how to scrape the medicine from the stick so that it aggregates into little balls. Can you prepare these balls before hand and store them until your ready to apply them or is it something you have to do on the spot. I see no reason why you can't let the kambo dry out and store it but I just want to be sure. The kambo I ordered arrived and I feel ready so I'm going to do it in the next few days so I want to make sure I have everything covered. I got some bamboo chopsticks and did a couple of test burns and it works perfectly. Far less painful than I expected. Nothing like getting burned by hot metal.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:52:40 AM by mycotheologist »

• ↼Ȿ♄ꜻϻꜻηĭc⇀ ↽∆ƪc♄εϻĭst⇁
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 01:34:33 PM »
Yes but make sure to spray water or put drops of water on them to bring them back to life.  Water is very important to make the Kambo have enough liquid to be a globule with no solid structure whatsoever.  Practice makes perfect.  Good luck in your anointment into peaceful warriorhood.